🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Why was charged twice the fee on my payment?
Page options
maria_jose_mena
Community Member

Why was charged twice the fee on my payment?

I requested my payment today, and notice that I have two payments, as if I had worked on different contracts when I worked with the same contract with the same client and they divided it into two, so the collection of the fee two times, once for each record of hours worked, when I come back and repeat I work under the same contract with the same client.

Also, note that the withdrawal payment to Payoneer was generated twice, one was completed and the other was pending, because the account remained at 0, so I want to know why they are charging me double?
All this was dated from 7/20/2020 to 7/26/2020, that my payment is collected today 5/8/2020, I am charged a double fee to the same contract and I am charged a double withdrawal fee towards Payoneer and one has stayed pending.

And in my pending payment from 7/27/2020 to 2/8/2020 that I will withdraw on 12/8/2020, she is charging me 10% of fees, when for the amount of money that I already carry, only the. 5%, why am I being charged 10% fees?

I want to know if you are going to return the extra fee that you have charged me, and if you canceled the fee for the withdrawal of Payoneer that you are charging me a second time, and if you are going to charge me 5% as you have been charging me because I do not understand why you are going to charge me 10% since they have not given a statement of a change to the terms and services or a change to the percentage of the fee charged.

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Maria,

It looks like you are referring to a withdrawal you made through Payoneer. In addition to a small per-transfer fee Upwork charge, there will be additional costs on Payoneer's side. More information can be found in this help article I can see that you also have an open ticket regarding this concern. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
786d790d
Community Member

Happened the same to me. **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I didn't make the payment with Payoneer, and you still charged me twice. WTF? Send my money back. I don't recommend Upwork at all. 

Hi Luis,

It looks like you're referring to making payments instead of withdrawing funds. That said, it does look like the payment you made was refunded to your payment method, including the Marketplace Fee. Please check your Transaction History to confirm this.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members