🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will Cancelled Contract with No Public Feedba...
Page options
shanna_mae
Community Member

Will Cancelled Contract with No Public Feedback affect my JSS?

Hi everyone,

I just want to seek assistance regarding my JSS. I am new to upwork and I had my very first client in upwork who ended the contract same day I signed it. There were some disputes made, after it. But it was resolved by the upwork personnel. The contract is closed with no public feedback for me. Will that affect my JSS? Hope someone could notice my concern

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After 4-8 contracts that closed with feedback.

I wouldn't worry about it at this stage, it's too late anyway. Ut's not as if there is anything you can do about it now anyway,

Just do a super job on the next few contracts and your JSS will look after itself eventually.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
petra_r
Community Member

Shanna Mae T wrote:

The contract is closed with no public feedback for me. Will that affect my JSS? Hope someone could notice my concern

The private feedback left by the client when closing the contract is what will affect the JSS. The fact that it closed with a dispute won't, as such, but a client who files a dispute is, by definition, not a happy client.

Thank you for the help. I was actually the one who filed the dispute and it has been resolved by the upwork team. I have filed a dispute after the contract has been closed, since the client has been saying things to me which is basically unacceptable in all ways. But it has been settled. Is it possible that the client left a private feedback without leaving a public one?

Nobody left any feedback on this contract. It is not ended. It is open. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The one contract on your profile is not closed, it is still open. Do you mean this one?

Hi Martina, I have an open contract right now. And it's good. I'm referring to the contract I have signed last Nov 22 

If there was no money exchanged, and the client left bad private feedback, yes it will impact your rating when you get one. 

because the client actually closed the contract same day i signed it. Becasue what happened was, after signing the contract we formally ended the chat. So i logged out from my device , then few hours later when I opened it back he left with so many messages only to found out the contract has ended already. And I have at the same time processed a dispute with an upwork team. It was resolved.

Is it possible that a client can give a private feedback without giving a public feedback?

Shanna Mae T wrote:

Is it possible that a client can give a private feedback without giving a public feedback?

Yes. When a contract is closed by a client and nothing was paid, all they can leave is private feedback, Such feedback does not show on your profile, but will be calculated into your JSS when you get one.

When can I get my JSS? is it after 3 months?

I only have 1 closed contract

After 4-8 contracts that closed with feedback.

I wouldn't worry about it at this stage, it's too late anyway. Ut's not as if there is anything you can do about it now anyway,

Just do a super job on the next few contracts and your JSS will look after itself eventually.

This keeps me going. I am actually new to Upwork, that's why i was really sad. But you have a point. I know i can do more! Thank you, Petra!

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Shanna Mae T.,

It is my understanding that once you agree to a contract with any client on Upwork they have a permanent ability to leave feedback for you, regardless whether the project was completed, cancelled, etc. by you, the client or Upwork. Even if a project goes to mediation or arbitration, the client will be able to leave feedback.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068448-Dispute-or-Respond-to-Feedback

Only once you are Top Rated can you periodically remove such feedback.

And Upwork also says-

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

"We understand that some projects have bad outcomes because the client is difficult to work with. So we track freelancer feedback of clients and flag those clients with a history of poor collaboration. If one of your clients has been flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), then the client's feedback will not count against your score."

Typically, your clients' public feedback will have a minor effect on the calculation of your Job Success Score, but their private feedback on each project, which neither you nor any non-employee of Upwork will ever see, is a very important factor in calculating your JSS.

This is why it is so important to try to be sure each potential new client is the kind of client you want to work with. You'll never know for sure, but you'll get better at it over time.

Good luck!

Thank you. 🙂 

shanna_mae
Community Member

I am actually worried about my JSS. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths