🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will Cancelling a project within 24 hours eff...
Page options
4d88d861
Community Member

Will Cancelling a project within 24 hours effect my JSS?

Hello Upwork community,

A client just sent me an order through upwork catalog but unfortunately, he wasn't good at english and I couldn't even explain to send "requirements" in the requirements section and I was thinking to cancel the project. I didn't even start the project but it shows project has pending requirements inside my contracts.

Can anyone explain if cancelling this contract within 24 hours will effect my JSS? (Client didn't send the requirements yet)

Hoping to get response ASAP so i can cancel it before 24 hours 🥺 hope it won't effect my JSS.

Edited: if possible can anyone tell me how to end this type of contract, just wanting to make sure my JSS doesn't get effected

Regards,
Junaid.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Contract ends without any payment in 24 hours.

Or 1 hour.

Or 10 minutes.

Or 10 days.

It doesn’t matter.

Zero-pay contracts have no impact on JSS unless the client leaves negative feedback.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Contract ends without any payment in 24 hours.

Or 1 hour.

Or 10 minutes.

Or 10 days.

It doesn’t matter.

Zero-pay contracts have no impact on JSS unless the client leaves negative feedback.

Thank you for responding!

I also saw a few posts about it but not exact same case, I'll proceed to end the contract, as its just been a 3 hours since it started and still requirements not submitted.

Thanks again!

re: "I'll proceed to end the contract, as its just been a 3 hours since it started and still requirements not submitted."

That is a good idea.

If you end the contract yourself, then the client may never leave feedback at all.

Then the contract won't appear on your profile page. There will be no impact on JSS.

Preston, this is about Project Catalogue orders. 

If they are cancelled before they are 24 hours old, they are excluded from the JSS calculation. Regardless of feedback.

Your response would be correct if it was about a normal contract. It isn't, so neither is your answer.

Even if the client left the most damning feedback, it would be excluded.

4d88d861
Community Member

Exactly how i thought it should work. The project catalog contract starts without my consent so it shouldnt effect anything.

Thanks for responding!
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Junaid D wrote:
Exactly how i thought it should work. The project catalog contract starts without my consent so it shouldnt effect anything.

Exactly. That is why it is a good idea to check responses to your question before taking them as gospel, because they can be completely wrong as is the case here. 

Despite the fact that you made it 100% clear that you are talking about a project-catalogue situation in your original post.

Hi There, My client canceled the project and I refunded him all the payment. please check the screenshot attached and let me know if it will affect my jss or not. Thanks in advance.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members