🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Will Client's cancellation affect JSS?
Page options
writercesar
Community Member

Will Client's cancellation affect JSS?

Hi, I am fairly new to the platform and have confusion about some stuff. And, one of the things is a cancellation. One of my clients started an hourly contract and decided to go with a fixed price contract after that. So, he canceled the hourly contract and sent me a fixed price contract. Will this cancellation lower my Job Success Score? If so, how can I prevent that? I mean, it was just a change of mind and no one's fault. Thank You

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Sheikh Nayeem A wrote:

Will this cancellation lower my Job Success Score? If so, how can I prevent that? I mean, it was just a change of mind and no one's fault. Thank You

Did you log any time on that contract at all? Did you get paid anything under the hourly contract? Logged at least 10 minutes of time at least? If yes, it is not an issue at all anyway. If not, get the client to pay you a Dollar or two (the client can then deduct it from the new contract if they want) - then it won't hurt your JSS.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Sheikh Nayeem A wrote:

Will this cancellation lower my Job Success Score? If so, how can I prevent that? I mean, it was just a change of mind and no one's fault. Thank You

Did you log any time on that contract at all? Did you get paid anything under the hourly contract? Logged at least 10 minutes of time at least? If yes, it is not an issue at all anyway. If not, get the client to pay you a Dollar or two (the client can then deduct it from the new contract if they want) - then it won't hurt your JSS.

He canceled it right after I accepted the contract and sent me a fixed-priced contract.
How can I ask him to add a time log or pay me something, as it is already canceled and I didn't even prompt to accept the cancellation, there was no request on my side!! 

Sheikh Nayeem A wrote:

He canceled it right after I accepted the contract and sent me a fixed-priced contract.
How can I ask him to add a time log or pay me something, as it is already canceled 

The client can pay you a bonus right from the closed hourly contract.

Okay, thank you. I will request him to do so... 

Hi There,

Can you please help? A client canceled an hourly project with 0 payment & gave negative private feedback. after 6-hour the client makes a new same hourly project offer & sent me, if complete this successfully, will the previous canceled project effect my JSS?

please let me know it was my first project on Upwork. Thanks in advance

Rehan R wrote:

Can you please help? A client canceled an hourly project with 0 payment & gave negative private feedback. after 6-hour the client makes a new same hourly project offer & sent me, if complete this successfully, will the previous canceled project effect my JSS?

The first contract will affect your JSS regardless of what happens with the second one

if client did not pay any $ than how calculate jss ?

Rehan R wrote:

Hi There,

please let me know it was my first project on Upwork. Thanks in advance

How do you know that the private feedback was negative? If the client told you that they gave you negative private feedback, why would you accept a new project from them?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths