🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will I be paid the full Weekly Payment when c...
Page options
nzakatony
Community Member

Will I be paid the full Weekly Payment when contract is started?

Hi guys,

I was reading about Upwork's payment process for hourly jobs when I saw the below in one of the help articles:

The percentage of the weekly rate paid to you on the first week of a contract depends on the day the contract began:

• Monday – 100%
  • Tuesday – 80%
  • Wednesday – 60%
  • Thursday - 40%
  • Friday – 20%

If your contract begins on Saturday or Sunday, you will not receive the first weekly payment until the following week.

My question is, if the billing cycle start Monday, how do I get paid for work I do on Saturday and Sunday of the first week in case the contract started on Saturday? And how will the percentage of that work be calculated seeing that Mon-Fri takes up 100%?

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

That is not for hourly jobs, that schedule is for Weekly retainer payments. 

For the hourly job, you get paid for the hours you log. The cycle runs from Monday to Sunday, you get a chance to make changes to the work logged on Monday. And will be paid on Friday if you are Top Rated, if not there is an additional 5-day hold. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

That is not for hourly jobs, that schedule is for Weekly retainer payments. 

For the hourly job, you get paid for the hours you log. The cycle runs from Monday to Sunday, you get a chance to make changes to the work logged on Monday. And will be paid on Friday if you are Top Rated, if not there is an additional 5-day hold. 

Thanks Ashraf for your response.

I've just re-read the help article and noticed that the weekly payment is different from billable hours. So, in the event that the client set up a weekly payment and the contract starts on Saturday, it seems the weekly payment will only start applying the following week, right?

ijlalzaidi786
Community Member

Hi Tony,

If your contract started on Saturday your Saturday and Sunday work billing will be paid next week.

Regards

Thanks Ijlal for your response.

Does the pay get invoiced separately on Monday or bundled with the new week's job to be invoiced on Monday the following week?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members