cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get banned for one bad rating?

Roi Jason O Member Since: Sep 20, 2017
1 of 7

Okay I had always kept a 100% JSS and recently i had one  job where 80% of the job was already completed but I got beyond the due because of some technical difficulties (mainly my ISP because ISPs in the Philippines are one of the slowest ever) and my client told me to stop the work since Im way past due and it wasnt done yet. I did not expect my isp would be that slow in the week thus resulting with work delays. Im expecting a one star rating from my client will I get banned? I've noticed some freelancers got banned after one bad rating. He hasnt released the funds yet and right now I think I'll just charge him $5 for this Smiley Sad Im scared I might get a banned for this and upwork really helps me out with monthly obligations Smiley Sad

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Roi, you've completed 12 jobs so one job with even 1 star feedback won't get you 'banned', but your Job Success will probably drop a lot. Still, you might get lucky and your JSS will stay at or above 90%, and even if doesn't, just keep getting 5 star feedback and JSS will increase gradually. One day you'll be Top Rated, and then you'll be able to remove feedback like this, but until then, good luck.

3 of 7

Hello John,

Actually, I'm a top rated freelancer, and I am wondering what you meant by "One day you'll be Top Rated, and then you'll be able to remove feedback like this"?

Fortunately, till now, I've got good ratings from my 2 completed projects...And I have still 5 ongoing contracts since months...

But, it's good to know anyway...

Can you please advise accordingly.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 7

Stephanie C wrote: I am wondering what you meant by "One day you'll be Top Rated, and then you'll be able to remove feedback like this"?

Can you please advise accordingly.

Feedback Removal Perk for top rated freelancers

Stephanie C Member Since: Dec 10, 2018
5 of 7

Hi Petra R,

Thank you very much for your kind help.

It's always good to know... 

Regards.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 7

How on earth could you have "noticed" some freelancers getting banned after one bad rating? If they've been banned, you can't see their profiles, and even if you could you wouldn't know what kind of negative private feedback they might have had, whether they had TOS violations, etc.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Roi,

Receiving bad feedback affects freelancer's Job Success Score but not their account status.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS