🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will I get paid whe client has ended contract...
Page options
519cfc35
Community Member

Will I get paid whe client has ended contract before I submitted work file?

Hi everyone,

I worked with a client and we've done all the jobs via a Google sheet link. The problem is she has ended the contract right before I send the file again via Submit File to get paid.

And now the payment is Pending, not back to my Earning Balance. So does it mean I couldn't get paid? And how do I need to do in this case?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

When you have an hourly contract, the timing of when you get paid follows Upwork's standard payment schedule. It has nothing to do with whether a contract is closed, or when a contract is closed.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

But with a fixed-price contract, such as yours with this client, things are different.

If the money is in the Pending category, it means the client release the money to you. The money remains in Pending for five days and then goes to the Availlable box, which is when you can withdraw it.

Don't worry about the fact that the client already proactively released money to you. You did NOT NEED to use the Submit Work button. The client already has the work she needed and was already satisfied enough that she just released the money without you asking for it through the Submit button.

What do you do now? Nothing. Wait until the money becomes Available. Then withdraw it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

When you have an hourly contract, the timing of when you get paid follows Upwork's standard payment schedule. It has nothing to do with whether a contract is closed, or when a contract is closed.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063698-Weekly-Billing-Cycle

But with a fixed-price contract, such as yours with this client, things are different.

If the money is in the Pending category, it means the client release the money to you. The money remains in Pending for five days and then goes to the Availlable box, which is when you can withdraw it.

Don't worry about the fact that the client already proactively released money to you. You did NOT NEED to use the Submit Work button. The client already has the work she needed and was already satisfied enough that she just released the money without you asking for it through the Submit button.

What do you do now? Nothing. Wait until the money becomes Available. Then withdraw it.

what happens I have done a job with a client and he completes the contract now amount is released but not shown in getting paid.

Hi Imtiaz,

Please note that when your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. You can validate this by going to your Transaction History page.

Feel free to read this help article for more details on how to get paid for a Fixed-Price Contract.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members