cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will clients see what i have asked in here?

heng65
Heng Y Member Since: Jun 8, 2016
1 of 8

I am new here so i not quite sure with community privacy.

Please kindly explain.

Thank you

abdulrazaq89
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
2 of 8

Dear Heng, 

Everyone can oome here whether you are client or freelancer. Both of them can ask for assistacne and mostly, Community members help one another. 

Best Regards

Abdul

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 8

@Heng Y wrote:

community privacy.

There is no such thing. The forum is public

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 8

deleted double post

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
5 of 8

Not only is the Upwork Community public as Petra has pointed out, it appears to be heavily indexed by search engines like Google and others.

Ron aka LanWanMan
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 8

The Internet never forgets.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 8

Heng:

Can clients see what you post here?

Yes.

Will your client see what you post here?

No.

Because your client does not hang out in the Community Forum and has no interest in what you write here.

Also, you don't mention your client by name, and there is no way for your client to google her own name and find your posts here.

Don't post anything that you wouldn't want everybody to read anywhere on the Internet, especially in a public forum such as this.

I don't know what you are worried about, because nothing you would post would be unprofessional or embarrassing if your client read it.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

Remember:

People are vain.

If you complain about your client:

"He is so obnoxious and he does not cmmunicate well and he is a cheapskate."

...if your client does read that, he will feel bad for you that your other client is like that. Because he knows you're not talking about him."

If you are so specific that she recognizes herself, then maybe she will learn something:

"My client asked me to write three articles as a test, and then never paid me for them, even though she uses them in her blog."

Well, if a client like that really read the community Forum threads, she would know better than to do something like that. So either she doesn't read the Forum, or she doesn't care about doing the right thing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS