cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will closing a contract in which no money has been paid hurt my JSS?

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
21 of 26

You can also try to get a quick down and dirty job that you finish within this two weeks so that the great feedback you get there counteracts this contract.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
22 of 26

Kelly B wrote:

You can also try to get a quick down and dirty job that you finish within this two weeks so that the great feedback you get there counteracts this contract.

I'm not sure that stupid algorithm works that way.

A few moths ago, a client with whom I was in discussion opened a contract. I didn't even accept it, and I'm sure that's the reason why all of a sudden my JSS went down. It took two months to go back to 100%, and now it has gone down again, most probably because one contract was left open for too long. Besides, when I asked the client to close it, he was travelling somewhere where he could not close it (planet Mars???) and I had to wait for his return to civilization. He was finally able to close the contract last week. Until then, every JSS day, I watched my JSS go down. Now it's at 94% and I expect it to take a while for it to go back to the top.

You know what? That algorithm is really unfair and most annoying.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
23 of 26

Luce N wrote:

A few moths ago, a client with whom I was in discussion opened a contract. I didn't even accept it,

You mean they sent you an offer that you did not accept. Which has no effect on your JSS no matter how sure you are of the contrary.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
24 of 26

Rene K wrote:

Luce N wrote:

A few moths ago, a client with whom I was in discussion opened a contract. I didn't even accept it,

You mean they sent you an offer that you did not accept. Which has no effect on your JSS no matter how sure you are of the contrary.

To be more precise, I didn't know what to do about it. I didn't accept it, didn't refuse it, just let it stay there until one day it disappeared. God only knows how the stupid algorythm interpreted that! Anyway, that was the only probable reason for the JSS to go down.

Community Guru
25 of 26

Luce N wrote:

To be more precise, I didn't know what to do about it. I didn't accept it, didn't refuse it, just let it stay there until one day it disappeared. God only knows how the stupid algorythm interpreted that! Anyway, that was the only probable reason for the JSS to go down.

The stupid algorithm interpreted this as an offer that was not accepted.

Maybe you feel better thinking that this had an influence on your JSS went down, but doing this prevents you from trying to find out the real reason why it went down, since offers that are not accepted play no role.

Mine would have been negative if this was the case.

-----------
Community Guru
26 of 26

Petra R wrote:

The client can also pay you a bonus of $ 1 or more.

It would be nice if Upwork could differentiate between hourly contracts with $0 earnings because all was refunded and hourly contracts with $0 because no work was billed.

In the first case a hit to the JSS is a good thing because many use the refund option to avoid bad feedback on their profile. In the second case on the other hand, this should have no impact on the JSS since it doesn't say anything about the FLer's performance.

-----------
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS