cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will ending a contract effect the JS?

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
11 of 21

I have 15 to 18 usless contracts in my list but i can not touch them or close them the clients get disappeared having 24 contract running who will hire me do i have to mension in my portfolio i have tons of useless contracts and the the clients dont have to take them into account.

I have ended one hourly contract the client made it by mistake he never come back on odesk never provide me any details about the job after 6 month may be i close it to short my list but i am sure it effect my JS%.

Nothing earnd but lost JS%

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
12 of 21

Ending your contract can affect your JS.

Look what happened to Ela Woman Sad

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Job-Success-Score-impacted-by-negative-private-feedback/...

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 21

Hi Natasha,

Ela's case was a bit different because the client did provide feedback after she closed the contract. If a contract was closed by the freelancer and the client didn't provide any feedback during 14 days after the end of the contract, it will not affect the Job Success score. Unless it becomes a trend as Garnor mentioned.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
14 of 21

As noted in the response that Setu shared here, an occasional job without final ratings is not going to negatively affect your Job Success score. However, if jobs without final ratings are commonplace in your work history then this can affect your score. In your case Vesna, it appears it's the former, as you're showing a 100% Job Success score. 

Ace Contributor
Sonal V Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
15 of 21
Thanks garner for the reply ! I am a bit relieved for now but will not close the contract would wait for some more time I think. The feeling of insecurity will still be there as a freelancer & what wierd I think is the clients behaviour as he have a 5 star feedback & he is also posting more similar jobs that clearly means he is getting my messages but still not replying. This is a very unprofessional behaviour I was not expecting from this client & still it will not effect him but me. Vent over! 😒
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
16 of 21

What about contracts which have been paused for at least a month by now?
(and there was already some hourly work done on it before)

Does that still counts negatively in the JS score?

If yes, I will get that as.......astonishing client to either resume or close it ASAP!

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
17 of 21

@Garnor M wrote:

As noted in the response that Setu shared here, an occasional job without final ratings is not going to negatively affect your Job Success score. However, if jobs without final ratings are commonplace in your work history then this can affect your score. In your case Vesna, it appears it's the former, as you're showing a 100% Job Success score. 

Well, I guess someone made a correction to that in the meantime. I don't have 100% since last night when I wrote here. 

18 of 21

MY JS is 93% now and i am not Top Rated . whats the peoblem here ?

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
19 of 21

@Mr M wrote:

MY JS is 93% now and i am not Top Rated . whats the peoblem here ?

Were you top rated earlier? Because JS is not only parameter for having that badge. You have to have fully completed profile. Read here:  https://support.upwork.com/entries/61866640-How-do-I-become-Top-Rated-

20 of 21

As i can see everything is ok and completed.

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS