🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will my Job Success Score negatively if my co...
Page options
cf061dbc
Community Member

Will my Job Success Score negatively if my contract with a Russian customer is automatically closed.

I read couple of comments about Job Success Score and I understand that closed contracts with no feedback given have a negative impact on this score. I have a contract with a Russian customer and this contract will soon be terminated by Upwork due to obvious reasons. I will not receive a feedback from this contract. 

Will this then have a negative impact on my JSS? If so, this is unfair. Is Upwork considering any mitigation for this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

I would like to clarify that If no feedback is provided on the contract by the client, it will not have an impact on your score. You can find more information here.

Additionally, I would like to remind you that we encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Serhan K wrote:

Will this then have a negative impact on my JSS?

No. Why would it?

If so, this is unfair.

That is like saying "It's unfair that an elephant coughing has an impact on the JSS." Nothing that doesn't happen is "unfair".

Is Upwork considering any mitigation for this?

There is nothing to mitigate.

cf061dbc
Community Member

I disagree and your metaphor here makes no sense. 

What I said above is clear. I read some comments and posts suggesting that contracts closed with no feedback have an impact on the JSS. This is possible. If the code or algorithm for JSS has been designed in that way then this is possible. It is not as unlikely as your elephant metaphor. I do not expect you to understand the possible correlation between the JSS and automatically closed contracts if you are not have a techi background. Do not think of this case just for contracts with Russian customers but think about it in general. I will try to explain it to you. 

Has the contract ended? If yes, has there been a feedback provided? No, then JSS decrease.

Now this rule that I put above might not be designed in a way to cover Exceptional cases i.e. contracts being closed due to the issues in Eastern Europe (even if the freelancer is doing a good job). 

If the rule above is correct then it is unfair for the freelancer. 

If the rule above is correct, there is something to mitigate. i.e. a code or refresh on JSS that would mitigate any negatively impacted JSS due to these contracts terminated automatically for this exceptional situation. 

I am not sure about your elephants but in my career I have seen such scenarios regardless to elephants coughing or not.**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

Serhan K wrote:

What I said above is clear. I read some comments and posts suggesting that contracts closed with no feedback have an impact on the JSS. This is possible.

No, it isn't possible. There used to be a chance that when you had a literally insane percentage of contracts that closed without feedback, it might affect the JSS. That changed in 2020.

Even before then there were people with over 75% "No feedback" contracts and 100% JSS. One or two or a few "no feedback" contracts have never, ever had any effect on the JSS. And as I said, since 2020 it doesn't even matter anymore if you don't get any feedback on anything.

I do not expect you to understand the possible correlation between the JSS and automatically closed contracts if you are not have a techi background.

Excuse me? The fact that contracts without feedback don't affect the JSS has nothing whatsoever to do with "a techi background". They have no effect. You don't need "a techi background"  to understand that. You either know it, or you do not. I do (know it) and you, well, don't.

I will try to explain it to you.

Don't bother. I am the one who understands how it works, and am trying to explain it to you. Not the other way around.

Has the contract ended? If yes, has there been a feedback provided? No, then JSS decrease. 

No, it doesn't decrease if no feedback has been provided. That isn't how it works. It's a fallacy. It simply doesn't happen. Ergo: Nothing unfair & nothing to mitigate.

Furthermore: Contracts with suspended clients are excluded from the JSS calculation anyway, so it would be irrelevant, even if contracts that close without feedback had any negative effect, which they don't.

If the rule above is correct then it is unfair for the freelancer. 

If the rule above is correct, there is something to mitigate.

As I have explained to you, such a rule doesn't exist, so nothing about it is unfair to freelancers. Such a rule doesn't exist, so nothing needs to be mitigated.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

cf061dbc
Community Member

I was just interrogating the possibility of this. In coding, this maybe possible. Instead of giving the the elephant metaphor in the beginning you should have written this. 

Please stop acting like people should know everything here. This is not possible. As you mentioned, there "was" a rule having an impact on this before. So why you acted like my question was complete nonsense and giving the elephant metaphor. Surely it wasnt. It may not be the rule right now but this clearly was the case in the past. I still seek an answer from an expert in this area. This is not a bad thing after all. 

It is okay when you tell anything to anyone but when you get a reaction you then react with temper. I really feel discomfortable with your responses. Not even only to mine specifically but when I also read your responses to other posts as well. Responses like yours make me stop asking questions on this community area. I do not want to discuss this anymore. I will simply sent an email to support team. 

Serhan K wrote:

I read some comments and posts suggesting that contracts closed with no feedback have an impact on the JSS.

And they are wrong - it's that simple.

Thanks for the clear metaphor free answer. 

So Petra replying with "No" wasn't clear enough for you?

Serhan K wrote:

I do not expect you to understand the possible correlation between the JSS and automatically closed contracts if you are not have a techi background.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

We don't need it explained. We understand it already, apparently better then you do because you are wrong.

Contracts closed without feedback do --- not --- affect --- JSS.

and you do not mention anything about the elephant metaphor? The simple answer to my question would be "no, it does not effect the JSS". There was no need for "patronizing" elephant metaphor really. 

Serhan K wrote:

and you do not mention anything about the elephant metaphor? The simple answer to my question would be "no, it does not effect the JSS". There was no need for "patronizing" elephant metaphor really. 

There was nothing wrong with the elephant metaphor.

And Petra literally answered your question with "No". Stop making excuses. You were wrong, own it.

NikolaS

Hi All, 

I would like to clarify that If no feedback is provided on the contract by the client, it will not have an impact on your score. You can find more information here.

Additionally, I would like to remind you that we encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All, 

Several posts have been removed or edited and this thread has been closed as it's been moving in an unproductive direction. Please, note that personal attacks based on a user's lack of knowledge or their experience of Upwork platform are not allowed in this Community. 

As for the original question posted here, in addition to the announcement Nikola shared in his comment, I encourage you to check out Andrea's response here for more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths