🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will proposals keep open after they're taken?
Page options
0030cbea
Community Member

Will proposals keep open after they're taken?

Hello,

Just trying to figure out how Upwork works, I have a question: do proposals keep open after they're taken?

I client messaged me saying he had already picked a person for the job I submitted, but when I checked the job was still open for new freelancers to apply.

Also, many jobs I checked have been posted more than a couple of weeks ago and have had more than 50 applications. I mean, the job poster probably picked someone at this point, why is the proposal still open? We won't get the job if we apply this late, we'll only lose our "connects".

So this question popped up in my mind and I was wondering if you guys can help me?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Guilherme M wrote:

Hello,

Just trying to figure out how Upwork works, I have a question: do proposals keep open after they're taken?

I client messaged me saying he had already picked a person for the job I submitted, but when I checked the job was still open for new freelancers to apply.

Also, many jobs I checked have been posted more than a couple of weeks ago and have had more than 50 applications. I mean, the job poster probably picked someone at this point, why is the proposal still open? We won't get the job if we apply this late, we'll only lose our "connects".

So this question popped up in my mind and I was wondering if you guys can help me?

Thank you!

1. A client can close a job posting when he hires someone, or keep it open.

2. A client may never hire someone.

3. You never lose connects. You pay for the opportunity to apply to jobs, and if you have enough connects, you don't even pay for that. 

roberty1y
Community Member

Guilherme M wrote:

Hello,

Thank you!

If the client has hired someone through Upwork, the job posting will show it ("Hires: 1/2, etc".) The client may forget to remove the posting after they hire someone, or they may leave it there, wishing to hire more freelancers. Also, if the posting shows nobody has been hired, it could mean the client has lost interest, or they hired someone elsewhere, or whatever. It's best to forget about any job you applied for unless you get a response from the client.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths