🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will refund erase bad reviews?
Page options
eliaslee
Community Member

Will refund erase bad reviews?

Hi!

I have a client who is constantly trying to scam me.

I've completed 10 USD milestone and he told me to do 80USD worth work before setting up a milestone.I was being stupid and I did the work.

Now the client is trying to make me do more work without paying the ones I've already done. I don't want to try to get paid. What I want is to cancel/refund the contract without getting private feedback. I was going to refund but then I saw some people claim the client will still be able to write a review.

Again, I really don't mind to refund 10 USD I received from him. I don't want to try to get paid for other works I did for this client. I just want to refund or end the contract or something so I can block him. Would you be able to help me?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Elias L wrote:

Hi

Thank you so much for your comment.

Do you think It will be worth to leave this contract semi permanantly pending?
He is sending new messages time to time and It is quite irritating.

I don't think I can trust or settle some agreement with this client.

I'd just firmly and politely tell the client "Sure, I'd love to do some more illustrations for you!"

I'll get started as soon as the previous ones are paid for and you have set up and funded the next milestone"

Don't get into any arguments, just reiterate your position.

I'd not do anything about the contract at the moment, it's not hurting at this stage. 

Leave it sitting there at least until you have a few more successfully completed contracts to dilute any negative effect from it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Elias L wrote:

Again, I really don't mind to refund 10 USD I received from him. I don't want to try to get paid for other works I did for this client. I just want to refund or end the contract or something so I can block him. Would you be able to help me?

If nothing was paid or you've refunded in full, there will be *no* public feedback showing on your profile.

But the client can still leave private feedback, which could significantly affect your (future) JSS (Job Success Score).

Contracts which fail to lead to any earnings, even with no private feedback left, could as a negative factor for the JSS calculation.

eliaslee
Community Member

Hi

petra_r
Community Member

Elias L wrote:

Hi

I'd just firmly and politely tell the client "Sure, I'd love to do some more illustrations for you!"

I'll get started as soon as the previous ones are paid for and you have set up and funded the next milestone"

Don't get into any arguments, just reiterate your position.

I'd not do anything about the contract at the moment, it's not hurting at this stage. 

Leave it sitting there at least until you have a few more successfully completed contracts to dilute any negative effect from it.

eliaslee
Community Member

Hi

Thank you for your advice again.

What you suggested makes lot of sense and I'll do that.

Elias L wrote:

Hi

Thank you for your advice again.

What you suggested makes lot of sense and I'll do that.

I would point out that the client only owns one illustration at this point. You will have a hard time going after him if he only uses the others only in a printed version in another part of the world. But you can look out for them. You can also use these illustration for your portfolio if you do not get paid, because a portfolio is missing from your portfolio.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members