🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will refunding my client affect my Rating or ...
Page options
adsworth
Community Member

Will refunding my client affect my Rating or Job Success Score?

The story is this - 

I accepted a contract from a client, a simple job where I had to write ad copy for a single SM ad. Talking to the client on the phone however, we agreed that it would be better and cheaper overall for her to use me not just for the ad copy, but also the media placement, campaign management etc.

This meant that I needed to charge her more than what we agreed on in the original contract, which was still running. So, I want to give her a refund for the original contract and propose a new one that included the other services at a higher fee. We both agreed to this over the phone.

However, i'm worried that closing the old contract and giving a refund will affect my Job Succes Score and rating. What is the best way to do this without the negative impacts?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Brad D wrote:

Talking to the client on the phone however, we agreed that it would be better and cheaper overall for her to use me not just for the ad copy, but also the media placement, campaign management etc..

However, i'm worried that closing the old contract and giving a refund will affect my Job Succes Score and rating. What is the best way to do this without the negative impacts?

Simply complete the original scope and then have the client set up a new milestone on the same contract to do the original work.

There is no need at all to close the contract. 

Alternatively, you can do the original job, then the client can pay you and close the contract and rehire you for the main contract. 

Either is fine, but you really don't want a 0 paid contract.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Brad D wrote:

Talking to the client on the phone however, we agreed that it would be better and cheaper overall for her to use me not just for the ad copy, but also the media placement, campaign management etc..

Simply complete the original scope and then have the client set up a new milestone on the same contract to do the original work.

There is no need at all to close the contract. 

Alternatively, you can do the original job, then the client can pay you and close the contract and rehire you for the main contract. 

Either is fine, but you really don't want a 0 paid contract.

adsworth
Community Member

Excellent advice. Thank you Petra!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths