🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will the consultation function regularly if w...
Page options
smiller7
Community Member

Will the consultation function regularly if we meet at a different time?

For some reason, both I and my client are unable to select Monday as a consultation time, even though it is inside my minimum scheduling window. I'd rather not cancel and set up a new consultation only for this to be an issue again. If we meet at a time different from what is scheduled, will the consultation still function normally? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Seth,

Please be reminded that after a client sends a meeting invite, other participants in the room can click on the automatically generated “Select date and time” link, which opens the “Select date and time” window. This window is split into two sections. The left-hand section includes a calendar with the invite sender’s available dates highlighted. The right-hand section contains a selection of the sender’s available times.

Linking a calendar is optional for meeting invitation respondents. They can select a day from the calendar to access available time slots. The meeting is automatically scheduled when the respondent has chosen a day and time and clicked the “Confirm” button. The meeting sender will automatically add the event to their calendar if they have one synced. You and the client can review this help article to learn more about scheduling a meeting.

~ Arjay
Upwork
smiller7
Community Member

Thank you but this doesn't help me. My question is about scheduling a consultation, not scheduling a meeting. Will the consultation still function normally if we meet at a different time that is scheduled?

Hi Seth,

Apologies for the delay as I had to escalate this with the relevant team to make sure we're providing you with the right information. 

If you and the client are not able to meet at the scheduled time and agreed instead on an earlier schedule, there is no need to reschedule, you just need to submit proof of consultation/work done as usual on the actual schedule. The functionality should work even if the client did not show up.

While if it's at a later schedule than the one originally requested, you would need to reschedule.

I hope this information helps you with your consultations moving forward.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members