🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Will this ever disappear???
Page options
oquintela
Community Member

Will this ever disappear???

I'm sick & tired of this!!!! Will you ever stop showing it?

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 19.12.28.png

18 REPLIES 18
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Olga,

Could you please confirm what happens when you take the tour? Do you see the same pop up again when you open your contract room after completing the tour? Thank you.

Edited: I apologize about the typo Olga.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Could you please confirm what happens when you take the tour? Do you see the same pop up again when you open your contract room after completing the tour? Thank you.

Are you saying we *have to* take the tour? Or be forever haunted by the pop-up?

Petra R wrote:

Are you saying we *have to* take the tour? Or be forever haunted by the pop-up?

Exactly. I think we're entitled to have this thing gone.Robot Mad

Goran, no Oldga, please 🙂

Look, I've taken the tour when you rolled out this 'contract room' feature. It just happens that whenever I click on a job I'm invited to take the tour again. I mean, I got how things work the first time. I just want this pop-up to disappear once and for all.

Goran, no Oldga, please 🙂

Look, I've taken the tour when you rolled out this 'contract room' feature. It just happens that whenever I click on a job I'm invited to take the tour again. I mean, I got how things work the first time. I just want this pop-up to disappear once and for all.

Sorry, I've posted twice.

mtngigi
Community Member

Strange .... I've never seen this window.

tlbp
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

Strange .... I've never seen this window.

Someone else is getting all your take a tour invitations. That must be why they see it over and over again. 😂

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olga, 

I wanted to check if you occasionally clear your cookies before logging in to Upwork? 

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

9Avery O wrote:

Hi Olga, 

I wanted to check if you occasionally clear your cookies before logging in to Upwork? 

Here we go again.

Cookies (and cache) are there for a reason. No properly designed website could or should or would ever require that users wipe all their cookies which compromises their use of ever other website they use.

Clearing cookies and cache should be a last resort in rare, specific circumstances. In most circumstances it does more harm (inconvenience) than good.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for noting this, Petra. 

I wanted to check if Olga clears her cache or cookies, for her own personal reasons, so that I can share this information with the team when I file a report about it. It is an information that will be very likely requested by our Technical Support Team which is why I had posted the question. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Avery O wrote:

I wanted to check if Olga clears her cache or cookies, for her own personal reasons,

Her. She. Olga is female.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the correction, Petra!

~ Avery
Upwork
oquintela
Community Member

I visit dozens of websites on a daily basis and so I frequently clear browsing history>cookies/cache.

I was expecting this cookie/cache solution to come up. I'm sure that I will then be served the "It appears that your issue is more complex, and so I have escalated your issue to our Technical Support Team for further assistance", aka 'we have no idea what's going on so please have a seat while you wait because this is going to take forever, and we really mean it.'

I realize that some people here may think that this is a nothing burger. But I strongly believe that I should not have to endure this.

I pay 20% fees + VAT. I'm using a so-called global platform, not a shady, badly-designed Wordpress website.

I'm not a programmer but I suppose that pop-ups are assigned an expiry date... I mean, if the user has already engaged with the pop-up, if you then keep on showing it, it's no longer useful but indeed close to becoming as worthless as garbage.

Hi Olga,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this is causing you. Just to confirm I`ve already escalated your problem to our engineering team to investigate it further. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok, Goran, thanks. They've reached out and asked for a screenshot (?).

Olga Q wrote:

They've reached out and asked for a screenshot (?).

Why, have they forgotten what their pop-up looks like?

DwJP1w7WkAAulxC

+1000

ROFL Petra - you just made my day! 

PS I get that notice all the time too. 

I was told that the pop-up will show up every time I start a new session on a new browser or if I delete cache in that browser. I was also told that it will continue to show until I actually take and complete it, and that it may return every time I open a new browser or clear cache again.

??

Anyway, I took the tour (sigh) > checked whether it would show again if I clicked some other contract (it didn’t) > cleared cache (Chrome) > logged in with Firefox > clicked a contract (pop up didn’t show) > logged out > logged in with Chrome > clicked a contract (pop up didn’t show)

WAAAAAIT a minute... pop up DIDN’T SHOW??????

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths