🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Winning an Interview
Page options
3eb7cc08
Community Member

Winning an Interview

How can I be called for an interview?

Well, let me explain...I mean what does actually mean to be called for an interview?

Suppose a buyers, after looking through my proposal, invites me...is it an interview call?

And how to win an interview?

12 REPLIES 12
AndreaG

Hi Waleed,

After a freelancer provides a proposal to a job or responds to a direct inquiry from a client, the freelancer and client have entered the “interview” stage of a project. Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may check our Resource Corner and find some excellent topics there:

Submitting a Winning Proposal on Upwork

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.
~Andrea
Upwork
3eb7cc08
Community Member

Sorry, I couldn't get it!

Just now, I submitted a proposal & got an invite by the client, but I didn't receive any free connects.

Hi Waleed,

Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

The Connects will be automatically added to your account, please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days!

~Andrea
Upwork
3eb7cc08
Community Member

Thanks! That's making sense now, but...

[2. Receive a request from a client to interview] How can a Buyer call me for an interview? 

Hi Waleed,

This only means that the client has responded to your proposal and a message room was created so you could discuss the project. If the client needs to call you as part of the interview process, you can make a voice or video call directly from Upwork. Check out this help article to learn how.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
3eb7cc08
Community Member

Thanks for making me understand!

My client created a room, yet I didn't receive any free connects. Should I wait...?

Waleed, 

Free connects have nothing to do with your interview. If you paid out some connects to send a proposal to a client and that client wants to interview you, you do not get your connects back. 

If your client has opened a message room, then he wants to discuss the job with you. If he wants to hire you he will send you an offer, which, if you accept it, means you can start working. 

Nichola L wrote:

Free connects have nothing to do with your interview. If you paid out some connects to send a proposal to a client and that client wants to interview you, you do not get your connects back. 

Actually, Upwork decided in November to give 10 free connects for every interview (up to 50 a week) that results out of a freelancer making a proposal to a job post.... 

Job posts may or may not be posted with a 100%  intention to hire, rather than just interview...

Petra R wrote:

Nichola L wrote:

Actually, Upwork decided in November to give 10 free connects for every interview (up to 50 a week) that results out of a freelancer making a proposal to a job post.... 

Job posts may or may not be posted with a 100%  intention to hire, rather than just interview...

and only until you have max 200 connects.

Thanks Petra, 

I'm not keeping pace! All the same, I think I would be more interested in talking to the client first and then looking to see where I stood vis à vis connects. 

Waleed T wrote:

Thanks for making me understand!

My client created a room, yet I didn't receive any free connects. Should I wait...?

It sounds like you're much more interested in getting free connects than you are in being interviewed. 

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Waleed,

After a freelancer provides a proposal to a job or responds to a direct inquiry from a client, the freelancer and client have entered the “interview” stage of a project. 

Is this accurate? Doesn't the client have to respond to the proposal to move into the "interview" stage?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members