🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Winning no jobs
Page options
nosheen26
Community Member

Winning no jobs

I am doing so much bidding but since a month I am getting no replies.. In the start of my profile approval I got few contracts lots of responses I got from biddings and also the invites from contracts I received 5 star feedbacks but afterwards it seems its all dark. No reply, no invites, no job since few weeks. I am applying on jobs related to my category day in and day out. Will someone please review my profile what is lacking and what should I add in it? Best regards
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

Nosheen,

I suspect if you look at other profiles of what you do a significant majority of them will look like yours.  There is nothing there to make you standout.  What makes YOU standout?  That is a question I cannot answer for you.

The way I see that top bit of the profile is not a way to explain my skills but to assure them I can solve their problems.  That, ultimately, is what most clients want.  You should strive to put on there something that will speak to the kind of clients you want.

I think everyone has their own wall to overcome.  In my case, I think mine is convincing a client that even though I am expensive I am worth it because I get the job done.  That is why my pitch is like it is, that is my perceived problem.  It is also a direct message to the kind of clients I want, I want people who want results more than anything.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
florydev
Community Member

Nosheen,

I suspect if you look at other profiles of what you do a significant majority of them will look like yours.  There is nothing there to make you standout.  What makes YOU standout?  That is a question I cannot answer for you.

The way I see that top bit of the profile is not a way to explain my skills but to assure them I can solve their problems.  That, ultimately, is what most clients want.  You should strive to put on there something that will speak to the kind of clients you want.

I think everyone has their own wall to overcome.  In my case, I think mine is convincing a client that even though I am expensive I am worth it because I get the job done.  That is why my pitch is like it is, that is my perceived problem.  It is also a direct message to the kind of clients I want, I want people who want results more than anything.

Mark, I totaly agree with you, everyone has its own wall to overcome. But, I looked at your profile and you have 5 jobs "in progress", I'm more on other side. Until of october 2019 I was engaged by clients (1-2 jobs per month) in a crowded cathegory "Design and creative" and I'm relatively new at Upwork. In October I have spent more than 60 conections, not changing anything in my job applying metod and nothing happened. Not to mention lost connections on clients who never engage anyone. I'm starting to think that Upwork is posting some virtual jobs just to take money out of my pocket :D. 

adjohnson1
Community Member

I actually am having that same issue. Keep buying connects and I'm not getting any work from any of my bids. It's frustrating. 

Arianne J wrote:

I actually am having that same issue. Keep buying connects and I'm not getting any work from any of my bids. It's frustrating. 

Arianne,

I took a look at your profile.  You're not getting work because you haven't proven yourself before coming to Upwork.  You're a designer, a writer, a marketer, and a student?  I'm confused.  Get some real-life experience, upload your portfolio and write a profile that speaks to what you can deliver that is different than the millions of freelancers on Upwork.  

The first two lines in your profile are what a client sees in a search so make them stand out.  If necessary, use the specialized profiles to speak to your other skills.  

Also, remove links to your personal site.  It's against Upwork's TOS.

Hi Arianne,

First, your profile set to public to seen everyone. It's a far better risk to win a project.

Joynul
sayedbristi
Community Member

I really fall down such this problem. I have submitted more proposal but 1 intervew and no any feedback. My profile is 100 % "ok", Job matching is "ok" but it's a matter of sorrow that, there is no one any job iI get.

My 2017-2018 mentee approached the Upwork business ecosystem with spoken English skills that are, in a relative measure, about the quality of your demonstrated English writing.

At my suggestion, and in great part, because he is an effective business thinker, he personally paid for a nine-week study course to improve his written and spoken English.  The classes met five times a week, nightly, for three hours.  He paid a steep price in time-devoted and endured some frustrations in his learning trajectory.  His English skills skyrocketed.  My admiration for this effective business thinking runs deep.

This Upworker now sports U.S. business-grade spoken English skills which we continue to practice between ourselves continuously.  Most recently, this superstar designed and delivered a PPT presentation, in a project he self-delivered, that went straight to the desk of a CEO of a top-three Social Media firm.  The ROI for his effort is astronomical.

The message here is straightforward.  You compete for work with freelancers who have an excellent command of business English.  Getting on par with them is one of the good first steps to take, to ensure you are competing fairly with your skills and capabilities.  Training courses of many forms and venues exist.  My counsel is to avail yourself of them now. 

I cannot speak or write in two (or more) languages, as you can.  I admire multi-lingual business professionals deeply.  Make this an asset, not liability.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths