cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire Transfer - Difference between IBAN and account number?

eleonore_cps
Eleonore C Member Since: Dec 24, 2013
1 of 3
Hi, it is all in the subject section. I am not sure about what to enter as it seems that it is not the same, but my bank tells me it is. I mean, they say that IBAN is the whole formula, whereas account number solely is only a part of the IBAN, i.e without the 2 first letters of the country + 5 numbers at the beginning. Plus, IBAN means International Bank Account Number so... Also, it is to get USD in my account, and the SWIFT I entered was recognized by oDesk in first place so I guess that since there was no issue when I entered the IBAN, should be ok right? Thanks oDeskers, I am about to be paid for a big fixed contract so I am a bit anxious Smiley Wink
stefantalpalaru
Stefan T Member Since: Jan 18, 2014
2 of 3
The IBAN includes the account number along with all the necessary information for identifying the country, bank and branch. Add the account holder's name for verification and you have a perfectly sane system for bank transfers. BTW, the USD transfer will be converted in whatever currency your account uses, at an exchange rate set by the bank.
eleonore_cps
Eleonore C Member Since: Dec 24, 2013
3 of 3
Hope so Stefan, thanks for the answer Smiley Happy
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS