🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wire Transfer Issue
Page options
chamnapchhorn
Community Member

Wire Transfer Issue

I'm an freelancer on upwork. I've been used "Wired Transfer" to Cambodia for the last couple of years without any issues, except the last transaction.

I withdrew the money from upwork on "30 May 2020" to Account "xxxx-3212" via Wire Transfer. Usually, it takes two days, and the money will come in my local bank. However, in this last transaction, I didn't see any money coming in to my local bank. I've waited until "3 June 2020", and my local bank has contacted me. They said they could not reach me for the last two days. They have sent some inquiries back to sender. They said I need to contact to the sender in order to get those inquiries and verify with them. Could you guys help trace the transaction? What should I do now? 

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chamnap,

Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account.

If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

It looks like the money has arrived in my local bank. That's why they contacted me for more information to confirm and verify. I'm not sure why they need to do so. Previously, they didn't.

Okay, I will let you know after 8 business days.

Thank you.

Hi Chamnap,

I would also suggest asking your bank what type of information they need and see if you can resolve it. If you have any additional questions, let me know. If private details are involved, feel free to reach out to me via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

They said they have sent inquries to the sender, and I need to contact the sender about those inquiries so that they can confirm/compare and verify. They cannot tell me because they need to confirm.

I don't know what to do now. 

Thank you.

Hi Chamnap,

Please be patient for 8 business days. If you still haven't received the funds, let me know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thanks for reply. I'll wait for 8 business days.

Thank you.

Hello Goran,

I've contacted with my local bank again. They said they have sent out message to the "sender", asking for a clearer purpose of transferring the funds. It's because the amount of money in that transaction is considered to be a lot.

Would you mind do something on this? They said if they haven't got any response from the sender, they will transfer the money back within a week. I have no idea how they send out a message to the "sender".

Hi Chamnap, 

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths