🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wire Transfer (USD) to Egyptian Bank didn't r...
Page options
muhammed-kamel
Community Member

Wire Transfer (USD) to Egyptian Bank didn't reach my account yet

Hello,

I have set my payment method to get paid by 21st, Dec 2020.

I used wire transfer (USD) to my bank account in Egypt and I set my IBAN details and in the extra details, I entered my local account number.

The payment transaction hasn't added to my account yet, and when calling the bank's customer service they told me there are no pending payments for my account.

Is this regular to take more than 10 days on Christmas days?

Screenshot from 2020-12-30 17-15-19.png

Best regards.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mohamed,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you're referring to was successfully processed on our end. The time it takes to receive direct Upwork-to-bank account payment methods, including wire transfers, are calculated in business days. Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays don't count as business days, so you may experience delays from the usual processing schedule because of this. 

If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the Wire Transfer method.

Edited to reflect the correct information. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

Not a wire transfer to a local bank but it's a Wire Transfer USD it should take 1 day from your end and I should receive it in three days as my friends told me.

Please trace from your end. It seems there something wrong from your end.

Best regards

Hi Mohamed,

We understand that receiving your earnings the soonest is very important. Unfortunately, we aren't able to initiate a trace earlier than 8 business days after the withdrawal is initiated. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Today is the 10th working day and I didn't receive my payment.

Best regards

Hi Mohamed,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks, Andrea.

Could you tell me what happens to you because I am facing the same issue?

As I mentioned in the question, I wanted to get paid and set through Wire Transfer (USD) to my bank account in Egypt.

It should be in my bank in three days as my friends told me, but I didn't receive it yet.

Mohamed K wrote:

Today is the 10th working day and I didn't receive my payment.

No, it isn't!  Working days exclude holidays and weekends (as was explained to you previously) 

Monday will be working day 8

0ada2aba
Community Member

Hi Mr Mohamed I know that your question was asked from a long time ago, I just want to ask you did you solve your issue and recieved your money via wire transfer method and how much was the fees

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths