🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Wire Transfer error - Wrong account numbe...
Page options
dgbauleo
Community Member

Wire Transfer error - Wrong account number?!

I’m having a LOT of trouble getting the money I’ve earned transferred to my account.
I’ve used this account many times in the past, but now Upwork claims the number is wrong and asks me to remove it and add again with the correct number.
The thing is, I have bills due today and if I wait three days for their “security” check I’ll pay late fees. Tried contacting support multiple times to no avail. Each time I’m told a different story!

Any community manager or similar to help me out on this one? It’s been utterly frustrating having to beg for something I’ve worked for!

The account number *is* correct, I’ve even sent a picture of my debit card with the account and branch numbers, but they just ignore it.

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diego,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dgbauleo
Community Member

One of the agents that kept saying my account number is wrong even when I’ve provided him a picture of my debit card with the account number written on it?
Nah, I’ll pass. After 8 utterly frustrating hours, Angelica was the only agent who cared enough to get in touch with payments team.

Unfortunately now I can’t pay my bills anymore since we’re past bank activity time in Brazil and I’ll have to pay huge late fees. Will just way for PayPal to activate tomorrow.

Way to go supporting your freelancers! 👍
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diego,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I see that your ticket has already been escalated to the correct team and they'll further assist you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dgbauleo
Community Member

Yeah, I’ve been getting apologies for the past 8 hours. Know what? That’s all I’ve got. Nobody helped me.
Now I have to pay like $300 in late fees and I’m wondering if Upwork will pay for that.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths