Marwa A Member Since: Oct 27, 2014
11 of 28

Got it,

Thank you guys, I appreciate it Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohamed H Member Since: Oct 23, 2016
12 of 28
Good news! The money went into my bank account on Wednesday.

I initiated the withdrawal last Sunday here on Upwork. I assume the SWIFT message was carried out on Monday, money got sent to an intermediary bank (probably in Germany) on Tuesday and then to my bank on Wednesday; so, 2-5 days just like any other country.

My bank account info here were the English version of that of my bank's. I haven't written anything in the optional remittance information, but you may try asking whatever the bank you will be dealing with about what should you write there.

Remember, this is my own experience with the NBE.
Ace Contributor
13 of 28

Forgot to add that the bank have cut $4 from the transaction amount, so total fees were $34: $30 to Upwork and $4 to the bank. Not sure whether it is fixed or a percentage of the total amount, but the transaction was nearly one grand ($1000~)

14 of 28

That`s perfect Mohamed, I think it`s a fixed fee not a percentage. and 4$ is good, as I know some banks take 20 per transaction or more. Did you provide a certificate of employment to open the account?

Ace Contributor
15 of 28

Yes, I did. The certificate was in EGP by the way, from another local source of money.

16 of 28

Ook, Thank you Smiley Happy

Heba H Member Since: Jan 10, 2017
17 of 28

Hello Mohamed!

I had a few questions since I really want to know how to get my money since we live on this side of the world. I tried Paypal but like someone else said the money is deposited to a credit card and I can't have the money in cash. And this is what I need Smiley Happy

So with NBE, you just made a withdrawal with your Swift code and your account number? That's all? 

Also is your account in EGP? or USD? The problem is that I think that opening an account in USD now in Egypt is not feasible since 1 USD = 18 EGP Smiley Sad So I was wondering if I could get my money transfered to EGP?

You also mentioned that some banks like HSBC allow clients to open an account in various currencies? can you explain that to me? Thank you a lot for your help. 

Eman E Member Since: Jul 1, 2017
18 of 28

How can I know the bank i'm opening a US account at is directly connected to Qpwork with no internediate bank? TX

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
19 of 28

Hi Eman,

You may need to reach out to your bank for this. Also here's something to guide you for other options for your payment methods

Untitled
Hend M Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
20 of 28

Hi all I have read this conversation and it's relly helpful, I wish that I have seen before I withdrawal my money to QNB bank it's so difficult now to receive your money by this way to that bank especially. 

I didn't receive my money till now though I have sent them Mar 1, 2017, and when I went to the bank and they told me that no money was sent and they would need to know information about the source of the withdrawal like the bank name and the reference ID to investigate about that withdrawal. Though I made a withdrawal to the same bank account on June 8, 2016, and I received it normally after 5 days.

I don't know what should I do know.  Woman Mad Woman Mad 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS