🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wire transfer - Outside US - Philippines
Page options
avergara08
Community Member

Wire transfer - Outside US - Philippines

Anybody has any experience with wire transfer to dollar account in the Philippines?

BPI, BDO, or any local bank?

How was your experience? Did your bank charge you extra fees when you received the money? How much?

I am considering of creating a dollar account for this purpose but I am not sure if it is a good idea, and which bank would be best.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
judemanuel
Community Member

Reference:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063898-Wire-Transfer-Fees-and-Timing?flash_digest=48...

Out of curiosity. Why would you opt for wire transfer, when they made it easy for us to utilize "Direct to Local Bank' or "Paypal option" for lesser fees?

What makes you dislike the following I mentioned above?

I'll get more with my money with my Bank's exchange rate vs the low rate that Upwork and paypal offers.

Lowell Jude M wrote:

Out of curiosity. Why would you opt for wire transfer, when they made it easy for us to utilize "Direct to Local Bank' or "Paypal option" for lesser fees?

For larger ( $ 700 upwards) wire transfer works out much cheaper. Yes, it costs $ 30, but the exchange rate offered by Upwork's banking partners is so poor, that the $ 30 are money well spent.

Plus it's quicker.

Petra R wrote:

Lowell Jude M wrote:

For larger ( $ 700 upwards) wire transfer works out much cheaper. Yes, it costs $ 30, but the exchange rate offered by Upwork's banking partners is so poor, that the $ 30 are money well spent.

Plus it's quicker.

Have you tried this? Where are you from? Does your bank charge you with additional fees?

elenadc89
Community Member

I have tried using the wire transfer as payment method. but still waiting for it to be in my pnb us savings account. i don't know how long it takes. it was my first try.

Call me Lena.

H Lena,

Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account. You can check this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

You can take a look at "WISE". I guess it will work in the Philippines.

4c727fb3
Community Member

Hi Aaron, did you tried the dollar account Bpi or BDO, how was it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members