🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wire transfer fee
Page options
gurbanovashafa
Community Member

Wire transfer fee

I made my first transaction through wire transfer, I already payed $30 for wire transfer. As it was my first transaction, I only transfer $20 for check, but I only get $7.16 in my bank account. I called my bank, but they informed me that they only got this amount. So, is there any additional charge?

4 REPLIES 4
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Spent $30 to transfer $20 and ended up getting $7.16 !!! 

I am tempted to post the Trump's worst trade deal meme here...

759e32fa

Hi Shafa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Upwork charges a $30 fee for each U.S. dollar wire transfer.

• Wire transfers to non-U.S. Dollar accounts are subject to fluctuating rates on the foreign exchange market. Your bank will determine the exchange rate you will receive.
  • Your bank may charge an exchange fee or currency spread in place of, or in addition to, the basic incoming international wire fee. If your bank uses an intermediary and/or correspondent bank, it may charge an additional fee. Please ask your bank about the possible fees.

Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie,

I already read that article and paid $30 fee. But my bank informed me that they only get $7.16 instead of $20. Is there any other additional charge possibility for wire transfer?

Hi Shafa,

$20.00 was withdrawn from Upwork and the only fee showing on our records is the $30.00 wire transfer fee. On the article that you've mentioned, it says that the amount is subject to fluctuating rates on the foreign exchange market if you are transferring to a non-US Dollar account. If your bank uses an intermediary and/or correspondent bank, it may also charge an additional fee. Please contact your bank about the possible fees that were charged.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members