🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wire transfer
Page options
daniel_winifred
Community Member

Wire transfer

Hello,

I initiated a wire transfer to Nigeria today. I was paid in naira. I want my payment in the dollar currency I applied for. This money was already earmarked for something very urgent. I don't understand how this happened and I need it fixed as soon as possible. How do I change it?

4 REPLIES 4
daniel_winifred
Community Member

Hello, 

I initiated a wire transfer today. Only to be paid in naira instead of dollars. I don't understand why? And I was already charged $30 for the transaction. Can this be resolved urgently?

Hi Winifred,

I checked and it looks like you recently withdrew funds to both your Direct to Local Bank payment method and Wire Transfer payment method. Please know that Direct to Local Bank payments are designed to reach a local account in the local currency, while Wire Transfer payments should be sent to a local bank account in USD. I checked and can confirm that your Wire Transfer withdrawal was sent in USD, could you please confirm that the account you have set up as this payment method is a USD account with your local bank?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

It was not a USD account. But there is a rule by the bank to create an automatic domiciliary account for these transactions. I was surprised to see it in Naira not USD. 

Hi Winifred,

If your bank has a special process that was not followed I would suggest you reach out to them directly. What I can confirm from our end is that the Wire Transfer payment method is designed specifically to reach USD accounts in local banks.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English