🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Wise payment issue
Page options
9b79c9b9
Community Member

Wise payment issue

Hi, I withdrew money from my Upwork account to Wise but I think the account number is incorrect. Will my funds be returned? It's been a day and I haven't received an email from Upwork regarding the payment issue. Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Arischvaran,

I want to clarify that once the withdrawal is initiated we can't cancel it. If there are any issues with your bank account, the funds should be returned to your Upwork account. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

**Edited to add:

I want to clarify that WISE is a digital bank, and as such, there may be limitations on how we can help trace your funds in the event you don't receive them. Tracing digital bank transactions is not always possible, and even when we can trace the transaction it may take a long time. You can learn more in this article

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Arischvaran,

I want to clarify that once the withdrawal is initiated we can't cancel it. If there are any issues with your bank account, the funds should be returned to your Upwork account. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

**Edited to add:

I want to clarify that WISE is a digital bank, and as such, there may be limitations on how we can help trace your funds in the event you don't receive them. Tracing digital bank transactions is not always possible, and even when we can trace the transaction it may take a long time. You can learn more in this article

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9b79c9b9
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR,

Thanks for letting me know. I will update you in 8 days then.

9b79c9b9
Community Member

Hi LuiggiR,

I got the payment back today. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Arischvaran

This is great to hear, Arischvaran! Thank you for letting us know. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members