cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdraw a proposal and resubmit a problem?

jackiepeeler
Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
1 of 17

I noticed an error after submitting a proposal this afternoon and was going to withdraw, fix it and resubmit. Then I started to worry.

Would doing this cause a problem? 

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 17

Jacqueline,

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just edit the proposal? But until Upwork implements this feature, you can certainly withdraw the proposal and submit another, but then you'll use more connects as far as I know. If that's not a concern, you might let the client know you resubmitted it, in case the client's already seen your original proposal.

Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
3 of 17

This is one reason why I type my proposals up in Word, then copy/paste them into the proposal section when bidding. That, and because I've had proposals not go through due to the system glitching a few months ago lol.

John, are you sure if she withdraws she can resubmit? I kind of thought if you withdrew, you couldn't resubmit - like, it's a one time chance or something to prevent ticked off freelancers from spamming clients lol.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 17

@Dawn L wrote:

John, are you sure if she withdraws she can resubmit? I kind of thought if you withdrew, you couldn't resubmit - like, it's a one time chance or something to prevent ticked off freelancers from spamming clients lol.

Dawn,

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm sure. According to this topic, in which an Upwork mod commented, you can:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/If-I-withdraw-an-application-can-I-submit-another-one-to...

But the usually astute Setu, in this older thread, said you can't:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Edit-proposal-after-applying-to-a-job/td-p/3657

If I had to bet, I'd bet that you can since Nichola said she'd done this in the first thread. Cat Frustrated

Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
5 of 17

Ah, okay. I thought I read somewhere on an official page that you couldn't, but it's possible that I'm thinking of a different situation.

Thanks for clarifying! 

getcheeky
Ace Contributor
Michelle W Member Since: Aug 3, 2019
6 of 17

Hi there,

I'm trying to resbumit a job that I had to withdraw due to a minor spelling error.

Unfortunately, now Upwork won't let me resubmit my job to the client.

Please help!

Thank you,

Michelle

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 17

Hi MIchelle, 

Is there any specific error that shows on your screen when you try to submit the proposal? 

~ Avery
Upwork
getcheeky
Ace Contributor
Michelle W Member Since: Aug 3, 2019
8 of 17
Hi Avery!
Yes, I did get an error message, but I can’t remember what it said. It finally let me resubmit! Ironically, I just noticed I misspelled “resubmit” in my question above! Lol Go figure! Oh well! Ty for replying! Smiley Happy
gina-robertson
Regina R Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
9 of 17

You can withdraw and resubmit as long as the job doesn't close before you resubmit. I've done it twice. Only issue is that you don't get those connects back and you have to spend the connects again to resubmit.

brndimcc
Brandi M Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
10 of 17

Don't do it.     I   read the   responses    in   this thread and tried it to no avail. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS