🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Withdraw proposal after changes in Job de...
Page options
jr-translation
Community Member

Withdraw proposal after changes in Job description

I was invited to a job last night so it does not affect me, but I was wondering:

The client has changed the job description since then by requesting 6 times as much "work" as before. Can a freelancer withdraw a proposal in that situation and get the connects back?

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jennifer,

Unfortunately no, connects will not be refunded.

As you`re aware connects are not deducted when you`re responding to an invitation. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Unfortunately no, connects will not be refunded.

As you`re aware connects are not deducted when you`re responding to an invitation. Thank you.

I know that I did not a connect, but if the client changes the requirement by requiring 6 times as much work, the original proposal does not match the job description anymore.

When are clients allowed to change the job descriptions?

Hi Jennifer,

Clients can update their job description at any time and freelancers can withdraw their proposal or propose different terms if the client responds to their proposal after the fact.

Having said that, based on the feedback shared in the Community I'm not aware that this happens often. Are you seeing a lot of instances in which clients are changing the job description in a way that it no longer resembles the initial requirements in scope and type of work?

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Clients can update their job description at any time and freelancers can withdraw their proposal or propose different terms if the client responds to their proposal after the fact.

Having said that, based on the feedback shared in the Community I'm not aware that this happens often. Are you seeing a lot of instances in which clients are changing the job description in a way that it no longer resembles the initial requirements in scope and type of work?

I send you a PM with the job details.

Thanks Jennifer!

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths