🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal Fee
Page options
ssbays
Community Member

Withdrawal Fee

I am getting paid this week for work I've done with a new client. I understand the 20 percent Upwork deduction. But a $5 withdrawal fee has also been deducted and I've never had that happen before. I have my payment deposited into my bank account, not PayPal. Can anyone explain what this withdrawal fee is?

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Susan,

Direct deposit is usually free for all who qualify. Upwork doesn't charge fees for ACH transfers. For information please check this help article.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ssbays
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. And I've never been charged before. But this $5 came off of my earnings after the Upwork service fee resulted in my bank deposit being $5 less.  A small amount, but I need to know what it's for.

petra_r
Community Member

You should be able to see any and all fees or charges in your transaction history.

hough-liam
Community Member

I just had the same thing happen to me and from the responses here I still don't understand any more about why the $5 was charged 😕

Hi Liam,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and could not find the $5.00 fee. Although I can see that you have a remaining balance of $5.00 on your account right now.

It looks like on your automatic payment schedule, you have $5.00 set as a reserve balance as shown here. You can edit this by going here and clicking on "Edit Schedule." Please check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members