🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal Fees
Page options
beezybee
Community Member

Withdrawal Fees

Hi There,

I would like to know which method of withdrawal has no withdrawal fees. At the moment every time I withdraw money it charges me $0.99 fees.

Does it do this with PayPal or any other form of withdrawing?

Thank you,

Beez

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Beez R wrote:

I would like to know which method of withdrawal has no withdrawal fees.

Only withdrawing to a US bank account is free.

Can you please tell whether any other fee for PayPal except $2 is charged or not.

Do you mean the actual bank company called "US Bank," or a bank based in the United States?

re: "Do you mean the actual bank company called "US Bank," or a bank based in the United States?"

Any bank account in the U.S. can be used for zero-fee withdrawals.

The name of the bank does not matter.

Nationality, citizenship, place of residence also does not matter as far as Upwork is concerned. Many residents of the U.K. (which is where the original poster lives) do in fact have U.S. bank accounts.

But Upwork does not provide a service whereby users may obtain bank accounts - in the U.S. or anywhere else. So for that, you are on your own...

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your responses - appreciated! 🙂

What I meant was :

- I live in the UK and have a UK bank account. My bank charges £0.99 per transaction, which adds up , taking into consideration UpWork deducts 20% for freelancers that do not have a VAT number yet (I don't not earn £80,000+ to have a VAT number).

I have heard that you can get paid through PayPal or Revolut , I have both but im not sure which option out of all the ones under "add a payment method" to choose to add my REVOLUT card to.

Secondly it looks like the Paypal charges are more than my local bank  - See attached image.

If someone could help me figure out:

-If PAYPAL indeed is the cheapest option and upwork does not charge for transactions using this method?

- Which option allows me to add my REVOLUT card, as i can only see 'local bank' as an option.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Beez

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members