🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal is currently restricted on your ac...
Page options
dedb8a46
Community Member

Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support.

Hello, I've tried to reach out to live chat, since it's taking years of your response to ticket.
Could you please inform me why my withdrawal is currently restricted.

Thank you in advance!

Tina

10 REPLIES 10
spectralua
Community Member

Noone will answer you here, only support via ticket.

It is possible that you owe money to Upwork. Have some disputes last time?

NikolaS

Hi Tina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is a difficult situation and I understand your frustration. Some reversals (chargebacks) are a result of the client contacting their bank and asking them to reverse the payment. In these cases, we look to our Terms of Service (TOS) for guidance and follow it by taking two steps:

1. We seek reimbursement from freelancers/agencies in cases where their client makes a payment, asks their bank to reverse it, and the bank does. (see more detail in sections 6.3-6.5 in our TOS).
2. We review the client’s Upwork account because reversing a payment, in most cases, is against our TOS and can result in us permanently suspending their Upwork account.

Aside from these steps, the Upwork team also helps the freelancer or agency challenge the reversal.

Our team can submit a rebuttal to the client’s bank on the freelancer’s behalf if they provide a proof of the work or deliverables. They would need to move quickly, so please provide the requested proof within 48 hours of being notified of the reversal if you’d like us to proceed. Keep in mind that it can take the bank up to 90 days to review and provide their final decision. The client’s bank will have the final say regarding the rebuttal and we have no control over the outcome.

You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b1790bc0
Community Member

Great info headsup.

13129c4f
Community Member

Dear, upwork.

I tried to withdraw money from upwork balance, but it says that "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account".

What is the issue?

Can you please help me?

Hi Alfonzo,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist. Feel free to access your ticket and coordinate with the team here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a304bdf0
Community Member

Same situation here.

All chargebacks are paid, no refunds pending but still not able to withdraw available funds.

Thank you

Hi Adrian

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about the delay in restoring your financial account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you.

when I tried to withdraw my money to Payoneer. they show me message that "withdraw is currently restricted to your account".

My account is fully verified.

And I follow all the rules and regulations of Upwork.

In addition Upwork didn't send me any email that why withdraw are currently restricted in my account...

I need Money ASAP and waiting  from last 2 days to solve my issue as ive already raised the request.
I'm so much disappointed from this Upwork platform😫
even i was promoting this platform with my clients whom are not familier with Upwork shame on this 👎

my request link
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/41248849

2b4a9ba6_5-1688097760201.png

Hi Abdul,

I am sorry to hear about the status of your financial account. I see that the support ticket is already forwarded to the team handling your account. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and update your account. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths