🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal is currently restricted on your ac...
Page options
garyliu526
Community Member

Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account.

Surprised to have received this notification when I tried to withdrawl my money earlier. Since Upwork has rid of the "Contact Support" option, I am religated to finding some help inside this forum. For context: I am a long time Upwork freelancer, with a Top-Rated Plus badge and have never had any account issues in the past. 

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

11 REPLIES 11
spectralua
Community Member

Check your tickets. Should be reason indicated there. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests

Hi there, thanks for your response but I don't see any notification / updates / reason in the requests page. 

Some moderator here will create ticket for you. Keep eye at your topic.

Thank you for your response. I will keep an eye out for it (do you know how long it usually takes for them to create a ticket?)

In the meantime, I added a new banking account (not sure if this will resolve the issue). I have also been able to apply to new jobs, so it doesn't look like my account is suspended. I have not received any emails from Upwork regarding this "restriction". 

Ticket is fast. Resolving may be slow.

You able to apply and do the works. You just cannot take your money from Upwork a while restricted.

I see. I still have not seen any ticket created.

As for the restriction itself, can you speculate on what may have caused this? Does it have any implications on the account being suspended later? I am totally lost as to how this happened. Thanks again. 

Maybe someone disputed. Maybe some allert for your banking accout. Maybe some some issue with client you worked before so you also marked. You wont know the truth.

Also cannot say about implications. You will receive some shadow mark for sure. I was suspended once after scammer scammed me. Upwork suspended both with no questions. Then unsuspended me. Saw no affect to account after that, works with no issues.

What a strange occurence. Greatly appreciate your responses. Hopefully a Mod will create a ticket and have this resolved soon. 

Hi Gary,

I can sense the urgency of your financial account concern. However, a support ticket was raised through our Chatbot assistance. I can confirm that your case has been forwarded to the appropriate team for further review and assistance.

Please allow them time, and you will get an update on this page and email once your case is thoroughly checked. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay, thanks for your response. It's been a couple days since the ticket was created and the chat support rep said that I should have gotten a response by now. I have since changed my bank account and it appears that the restriction is still set on my account. Is there any way that you help guide this ticket to the right personale? Thank you. 

7966b5e7
Community Member

You can check your tickets. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members