🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal keeps getting reversed!
Page options
acedilla_solomon
Community Member

Withdrawal keeps getting reversed!

I have worked over 20,000 hours on Upwork/oDesk and I've never had problems withdrawing/receiving money. Now, every time I withdraw my funds, it gets reversed due to "DOWNTIME" whatever that means. I only have "hourly" contracts, by the way.

Every time I contact chat support (agent/supervisor) regarding the issue, I'm told the withdrawal was reversed due to "DOWNTIME" and that I should just withdraw the funds again and wait.

I wait...then it gets reversed again! Whenever this happens, I'll have to contact chat support, then I'll be told "there was another DOWNTIME", withdraw the funds once again, wait again. Then it gets reversed again. On and on and on and on. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! I don't even know what to do anymore. 

"The definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

I NEED HELP!

23 REPLIES 23
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Solomon, 

I understand how it can be frustrating not to receive your earnings in a timely manner. I can see that you are being assisted in your open ticket with Ticket #27493435. I'll go ahead and follow up with them so that they can reach out to you and post an update about your concern. 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery,

Ticket #27493435 is no longer open. It says "Status SOLVED". If this is a joke, I do not find it funny at all. I do not know what SOLVED means, or why anyone would mark it SOLVED already because this case is definitely UNSOLVED if you ask me. I still don't have what's rightfully mine.

I need help. Please.

Sincerely,

Dave

Hi Solomon,

I understand your concern with this. Rest assured, our team will assist you further directly on your ticket. When our team updates your ticket the ticket is marked as solved. One you reply the status will be updated to "Open". If you have any additional questions feel free to post them directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, thank you for reaching out. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I can't rest "assured" (if you've read my tickets). I've been waiting for this issue to be resolved far too long already.

"If you have any additional questions feel free to post them directly on your ticket." The main reason why I posted my case in Upwork Community is that no one seems to know (agents/supervisors) what went wrong. I've already asked them (several times) everything I wanted to know but no one can give me a clear answer. For example, I want to know what a "downtime" is or why was I affected? Guess I'll never know.

I don't feel like talking to another agent or supervisor anymore. Tired of the runaround. I'm sorry.

Hi Solomon,

Please allow 24 hours for your withdrawal to be processed and once it's processed it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to arrive on your bank account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, I hope it won't get "reversed" again. Anyway, thank you.

Update. It's been 2 days now, Goran. Just like the last time, I'm guessing it's going to get reversed again. Smiley Frustrated

Hi Solomon, 

I checked your ticket and can see that the team recently posted an update (this morning, your local time). If the team doesn't get back to you within 24-hours, please reach out to us here, and our team will follow up on your behalf. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Can I get an update, please!

"If the team doesn't get back to you within 24-hours, please reach out to us here, and our team will follow up on your behalf. "

This is extremely annoying! Is there a way to contact The Upwork Payments Team in real-time? 1 email = 24 hours unacceptable! Smiley Mad 

Hi Solomon, 

I understand how it's very frustrating not to be able to access your earnings. I know how it's equally frustrating when you don't get updates about your issue. Please understand that our teams get back to every concern they get, and they will address these concerns by the order in which they were received. If the team handling your case is unable to update you on your concern, it haven't received any additional information on their end yet. 

In this case, I can see that the Payments Team has already escalated this issue with our payment processor. Once they have more information about this transaction, they will update you through the same ticket thread with more information. 

In the meantime, I have notified the team that you have followed up through chat, email, and through the Community about your case. Rest assured that they are working to resolve the issue. 

As a gentle reminder, please refrain from lodging new tickets about your concern so that our teams can assist you more efficiently and effectively. Please feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread at any time if you have more information, or have further questions.

~ Avery
Upwork

"Rest assured that they are working to resolve the issue." Do they work on weekends too? Hoping to get daily updates. Smiley Sad 

Avery

I was able to buy connects just 5 minutes ago. I don't really need more connects at the moment but I wanted to know if I'd still be able to buy more given the fact that I'm having payment issues.

It appears Upwork doesn't have issues taking money from my account but Upwork is having a hard time sending me my money. I will let the "team" know on the same ticket thread but please relay this message as well just to make sure they'll read it. Hope this will help somehow.

Why don't you get a PayPal account, connect it to your bank account and get your money faster and at a much better exchange rate?

I simply don't like PayPal.

Solomon Dave A wrote:

I simply don't like PayPal.

Well, evidently you don't much like not getting your withdrawals either 😉

Petra, I do not use PayPayl because some of my colleagues have had issues with it. Worse than what I am experiencing right now. I won't go into details.

Like you, I've been around for quite some time now. As I've mentioned, I have never had problems withdrawing/receiving funds (until last month). PayPal is not for everyone, Petra. If PayPayl suits you, great. Smiley Wink

acedilla_solomon
Community Member

What do I have to do to finally get paid around here? Smiley Mad I have exerted all efforts on my end but I still haven't received my funds.Smiley Mad

I was told that if I don't get a message from the "team" within 24 hours, I should reach out here. Well, it's been almost 24 hours since the last time I received a message from this so-called "team". Sent them a message but no response.

1 message response per 24 hours is ridiculous. As if we're using snail mail here. Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Mad

I am having same issue and the "team" is not even replying to my ticket. I am asking to resolvd whatever the issue is since last 15 days and they have always same ghost team working; I guess in some other universe.
No doubt upworks is becoming **Edited for Community Guidelines** platform day by day!

Hi Muhammad,

Sorry about the delay. I'll follow-up with the team that's handling your case, and they will update you directly on your open ticket to assist you further. Thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Sorry to hear that, @Muhammad. This "team" is not responsive at all. It's been 2 days since I last received a response. So yeah, **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I've been having issues with payment for almost a month now. Christmas I had no money, new year I had no money (wasn't able to celebrate). Now for my latest withdrawal, there is a HUGE possibility that I won't get my money before the 15th.

The 15th is my son's birthday. We have already invited guests, arranged food catering, and everything else. People have already filed leaves, relatives and friends have already bought plane/ferry tickets. If I do not get my money before the 15th, I AM SCREWED, to put it mildly. No money = cancel birthday potentially. The idea of cancelling my son's first birthday after everything (1 year of planning) is unacceptable. I kept telling "them" about my son's birthday but they don't seem to care at all.

If there's anything I could do on my end to resolve this issue, I would. Unfortunately, it's totally out of my hands. Smiley FrustratedSmiley Sad  

@Joanne I need an update, please! 

Hi Solomon Dave,

I have followed up with the team regarding your concern. They will update your ticket to provide further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Time is running out!!! It's almost the 15th and I still don't have MY money! 

Didn't even receive a single update today!!! Fuming right now!!! *&#*(&%)(@!#*$@#(*&%

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members