Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawal method in the UK

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
11 of 12

Petra R wrote:

Jonathan H wrote:

But, i have a feeling there are going to be a few more crashes to come!!! Smiley FrustratedSmiley LOL

Yes, the latest I could have paid would have been the end of October, but that seemed a little risky. It hit a point that made me think "now is a good time" so I went for it. The exchange rate gain was more than I could have achieved in any interest paying saving account or similar.

Obviously it can go both ways so it's kind of gambling, but I keep a Dollar nest egg and a Euro nest egg, and that way I can use what's looking good as and when I need to. Not keeping a Pound nest egg right now Smiley Wink

I'm also hoarding my U.S. dollars on PayPal at the moment. The pound is expected to be on par with the euro even before we make our ignominious exit from the EU in October. :-(

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 12

Christine A wrote:

I'm also hoarding my U.S. dollars on PayPal at the moment. The pound is expected to be on par with the euro even before we make our ignominious exit from the EU in October. :-(

It's good for me in one way (I buy lots of horsey things (horses are expensive to dress and train) for my god-daughter) but other than that I watch in horror. That country was my home for so many years.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS