🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal not received after one month
Page options
658a7a25
Community Member

Withdrawal not received after one month

One month ago I made a withdrawal of over a thousand dollars by direct to local bank transfer and I still haven't received anything yet.

I have of course contacted the support team, who told me that the transaction was subject to a random compliance review and that I needed to provide a bank statement and proof of identity. I did so. That was two weeks ago.

I then asked for a follow-up on my case and received an answer that even more than the delay, makes me question whether the Upwork platform is a safe working environment for freelancers. Indeed, I was basically told that Upwork offers no guarantees on how long it takes for a payment to be processed. One month, two months, one year ?

If there is no guarantee that freelancers can receive their withdrawals from Upwork within a decent timeframe, how can the service keep functioning correctly in the long run?

7 REPLIES 7
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joram,

I'm sorry to hear about the withdrawal and your experience so far. I followed up with the team handling your case and one of our agents already updated your ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi - I faced the same issue. I made a widthrawl 2 weeks ago but funds are being hold by upwork for review. I have been using upwork form past 10 years and this never happened before. Once I contacted support they told that there is no timeframe that when the view procosess completed. I already have verified identity so this payment hold doesn't make any sense (also without any notification). 

Can someone from upwork is willing to help me regarding this issue? 

Thank you,

Khalid

Hi Khalid,

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience this caused. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I made a withdrawal this morning via local bank and I always get a second email about the transaction being processed, but this time I didn't. Should I expect it on Monday or there is something else going on?

Hi Irina,

I checked this for you and we don`t have any issues that are affecting your withdrawal. We can confirm that your withdrawal was successfully initiated on our end. Please keep in mind that it can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you don`t receive your funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am facing the same issue when I withdraw payment to my local bank. This is the email I have received from Upwork.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**ow.

I have verified identity and received payments multiple times to my local bank and payoneer account. Why this hold on payment?

Thanks
Muhammad

Hi Muhammad,

I understand your concern with this and I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members