🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal not received
Page options
lmerya
Community Member

Withdrawal not received

Hello! I have problems receiving direct payment into my local bank account. I issued a payment on the 10th and it was on the 17th that I received the payment notification but since then no funds have arrived at the bank although the bank has not given me any confirmation of receipt of payment. What to do about it?
5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lokossou.

I'm sorry to hear your withdrawn earnings still hasn't reflected on your account. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to initiate a trace for you and assist further with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

In the future, consider using a combination of Payoneer and a service like WorldRemit.

You'll get better FX rates and faster delivery using this method.

Hi Abinadab,

Does the WorldRemit require US citizen verification to send from Payoneer. Do you know if there is any limit in amount for this method.

Appreciate your help.

Worldremit is available in some 180 countries.
However, to pay for your transfer in USD, you must be a verified US resident.
Otherwise, even though your Payoneer card may be USD-denominated, you are actually charged in another currency (GBP, EUR, etc). So your money is converted twice, which isn't hyper efficient.

But do you know that notwithstanding all that, their rates were still better than Upwork Direct to Home.

I am not too keen on promoting any particular method. What I am all for is freelancers being in control of when and at what rates their monies are exchanged.

Especially after Payoneer came close to failing last year, you really don't want to keep plenty of money there.
You may want to open a local USD bank account where you know your funds are insured to some degree.

You could route from UW-> Payoneer-> Local USD bank account for smaller amounts and wire-transfer for larger sums.

You could then withdraw cash and change it in a street near you.
Or you could buy a STABLEcoin on a cryptocurrency exchange like Binance then change it over p2p.

Point is, all of the above will land you better rates than allowing Upwork to convert your money.

Thank you for your very quick response.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths