🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal of Payment after working exclusive...
Page options
torreskhattak9
Community Member

Withdrawal of Payment after working exclusively with an agency

Hello Upwork, 

I have 2 questions.

I am added as an exclusive member in an agency. I just wanted to ask my pending payment that is coming to my personal account this week , will I be able to withdraw it while I am working as an exclusive member under agency? if NOT then can it be possible that I start a contract under agency working as an exclusive member and then they make me non exclusive to withdraw my amount coming directly to my account and the same contract is running as an exclusive? Will that effect my contract that is running? Please guide

The other question is I was working with a client and I have earned more than $10,000 from that same client, by adding to agency and working as an exclusive member will my upwork fees be still $5% if he hires me on new contract but under agency exclusively?

Thanks,
Umair
4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Umair K wrote:

I am added as an exclusive member in an agency. I just wanted to ask my pending payment that is coming to my personal account this week , will I be able to withdraw it while I am working as an exclusive member under agency?

If it was earned under your individual account, yes

I was working with a client and I have earned more than $10,000 from that same client, by adding to agency and working as an exclusive member will my upwork fees be still $5% if he hires me on new contract but under agency exclusively?

No, it would start from scratch (20%)

Why would you wnt to be an exclusive agency member?

How would I be able to withdraw money earned as individual account
working as an exclusive member? there is no option to withdraw money as an
exclusive member right unless you are non exclusive?

Why will it be from scratch 20%? I have worked with the same client I am not changing clinet and earned more than $10,000 can Upwork do me a favor? I worked really hard to get this down to 5%

Umair K wrote:

Why will it be from scratch 20%

Because the contract will be with a completely different financial entity and business.

Umair K wrote:

can Upwork do me a favor? 

No

Umair K wrote:

I worked really hard to get this down to 5%

Then go non-exclusive. There is literally no advantage to being an exclusive agency member, only restrictive disadvantages.

Umair K wrote:
? there is no option to withdraw money as an
exclusive member right unless you are non exclusive?

Go non-exclusive to withdraw the pending money, then go exclusive again if you really want to, although i do not understand why anyone would ever do that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths