cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawal to PayPal

Bernadine R Member Since: Feb 17, 2009
1 of 9
I have been trying since this morning to withdraw to my PayPal account, but I kept getting this message: We're sorry, there seems to be a technical issue, and withdrawal is temporarily not available. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may file a oDesk support request I talked to a Cherry from the chat room who informed me that a certain department is taking care of the matter, and that this is a general concern now, not a specific case for me alone. Have you experienced the same today? It has been hours now. thank you.
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
2 of 9
Yes, I'm affected and it's pissing me off. I just finished a live chat with Support, got the canned reply and not a word on what is causing this and what's going to happen with the automatic withdrawals with PayPal as only payment method. Not to mention that it's been more than 24 hours :/
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
3 of 9
If that Paypal issue persists on my usual day of getting payments, I may have to use LFT or Payoneer. I always have other options ready just in case.
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
4 of 9
I suggest you send it to your bank-today
Christina B Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
5 of 9
Tried to send it to my bank account and it disabled that account too. Now I had to go through put it back on my account and it is telling me again I have to wait 3 to 5 days for the payment method to be activated. With the holidays you can be sure it is going to take even longer. So trying to send to my bank acct has only caused more hassle and now more delays. Try sending it to your bank account at your own risk, it will probably deactivate your bank account too. This is ridiculous, Odesk needs to shape up!!! It has completely gone down hill even from the time I have been here which is not long. I am angry, very distressed, and the help center never has chat on now to actually get any answers. Since it has already been over 24 hours since this all has started happening maybe they will fix it soon, but I am not holding my breath!! ;(
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
6 of 9
It is a pain in the: "you know what". Odesk is simply creating issues where there didn't need to be any; always consistent with a problem. Anyway, the paypal payment method has worked fine here for the past (almost) two years I've been here. Why there would be an issue now is beyond me. I'm just wondering if they've fixed it as it should be made a priority. Misty
7 of 9
I have been trying since last night. I put in a ticket and Odesk tried to claim it was Paypal. my acct with them is active and fine. I am passed mad.
8 of 9
Go try to withdraw, Paypal just worked for me.
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
9 of 9
Hi everyone, please find an update regarding this issue here. Apologies for the inconvenience.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS