🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawal
Page options
eyahmaize
Community Member

Withdrawal

May I ask where UpWork bases its conversion rates? Dollar to PhP today was 1:50.35, but when I withdrew my funds it was only converted for 49.3
1 REPLY 1
i_ahadamanhunzai
Community Member

Hey Zea! 

Upwork's exchange rate has been a topic few times and you'll see many discussion over this topic. According to Joost D (An ace contributer who replied to one of the discussions)

"While I appreciate the sentiment and I agree that the exchange rate is not always optimal, we don't have to use Upwork. It's a privately owned company that can do whatever it wants. Also saying that you short 71 dollars on a transaction when you very clearly accepted the Upwork fees and percentages beforehand seems strange to me.

Do I wish they would offer the actual exchange rate? Sure. But then again, PayPal does the same thing. This is to guard against volatility and again remember - this is a money-making company. They are not offering a free service. And its a service we don't have to use. "

Further more in that discussion, Petra R said:

"If you don't like the exchange rate, you can use a different withdrawal method. That's what I do.

You're also free to establsh a US Dollar account and withdraw via wire transfer (at $ 30) - that way you can exchange at local rates if you find them better."

You can see the full discussion by clicking here. 

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths