🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Withdrew Payment Not Appearing In Paypal ...
Page options
r0p3
Community Member

Withdrawl on hold for additional review?

Hey,

I just wanted to express my feelings about 'Withdrawal is on hold' as I dont see anything else I can do.

So I had bills to cover today, so I told my clients to pay me on 15th, as its fixed-price contract the money would be proccessed on 20th. Well what a shockar to find out that half of the money will be available tomorrow (no big deal but it said 20th in the report section for 4 days), so I contact UW support to atleast get an information on why is it taking a day longer for the other half (it was payed as a bonus and it was billed on 16th apperantly no worries). When I tried to withdrawal frist half that is aavailable, my my what a shocker:

*Your payment is on hold for further review*

And in the email among others it says : If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days.

REALLY? 2 DAYS?

Thanks for rewarding all my hard work I did trough Upwork with electricity being cut.

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
imakeinternet
Community Member

Hi Petar,  Unfortunately Upwork does not take in to consideration your personal problems when transfering money.  These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse and to ensure trust worthiness of the company.  Patience is key here.

View solution in original post

217 REPLIES 217
hsumaria
Community Member

Hi,

I withdrew my payment from Upwork to Paypal 9 hours ago, I still could not see it appearing in my Paypal account. I am not new to Paypal I always get the money and notification in my email of the payment transfer instantly, I just had this problem just now. Please help.

I do not know who to contact here for this sort of problem.

Hi Hizon,

Can you please advise if you received an email confirmation regarding this payment being processed on Upwork? Please contact us back if the funds don't show up on your PayPal account 24 hours after receiving the withdrawal confirmation.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Yes,

I receive the notification in my email and in my upwork.

I have here the transaction reference ID number:

146894935 (withdraw $57.94)

146894936 (withdrawal fee $2)

I attached a screenshot of my email confirmation below.

I contacted the paypal and they said they haven't seen the payment and I will quote some of the response from Paypal below:

"I reviewed the payments you received and I did not find any transaction related to the amount $57.94 USD. Payments sent to the email address of your PayPal account will be posted in your account real time. The last payment came from Upwork was for $36.96 USD on Sep 18.

I strongly suggest for you to call the sender so that you will be provided with details of the payment. I can assure you that your account is capable of receiving payments."

Kindly help me on this issue. For all the years I had been working since oDesk now with Upwork, I never had any trouble or problems with regards to payments/transfers/bonuses. It's just now and I am very sad as to why it hasn't appeared in paypal account.

Need HELP.

SIncerely,
Hizon

This issue hasn't been resolved yet. I accidentally clicked the "ACCEPT" button and then it says resolved which isn't or has not been resolved yet.

Please help me on this issue, I would really appreciate it.

(the screenshot of email confirmation of upwork payment transfer to my paypal is attached below)

Hizon,

The transaction was reversed back to your Upwork account. Could you please try withdrawing your earnings again and let us know if it still doesn't work?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I am happy to see that the payment has been reversed. I tried withdrawing same amout but I get the error message saying:

!To protect against duplicate transactions, you may not withdraw the same amount twice in the same day.
Please enter another amount

So I did a partial amout withdrawal. I checked and all is good now. I can see the transaction gone through my Paypal.

Kudos to you Valeria and Vladimir for the fast response.

Indeed the issue has now been resolved.

I thank you for the help.

Smiley Wink

Hi i transfer money from upwork to paypal still don't show in my paypal balance. Please could you help me.. Thanks

I withdrew mine and its not in my paypal either, and I didn't get any email either.

Hi i transfer money just minutes ago and still it doesn't show on my paypal balance. Could you help me? Thanks

Hello Jennifer and Vonda,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Our team is now working on your requests. Thank you for your patience.

Untitled

Hello Valdimir,

I withdraw my payment from Upwork to Paypal 1 day ago, I still could not see it appearing in my Paypal account. I saw you solved an issue like this and I would like to ask you if you can help me too!

I mentioned that I recived a confirmation email from Upork. Bellow are the ref ID:

151053071  $2.00

151053070 $105.16

Awaiting your reply, thanks!

Hi Ali,

Can you wait and contact us on Monday if the funds were received or not?  I have already escalated this and our team will investigate it further.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran, I will wait till Monday then! Thanks a lot!

Thanks Goran, the problem is solved! Money have been returned to my Upwork account!

webinpixels
Community Member

Hello,

I just made a withdrawal request but sadly I got an error message says that my payment request is on hold for further review. Not sure what happen, my bank details is never changed since the first withdrawal in 2014 - well I'm not making any activity in the last 2 years (my last withdrawal in Sep 30, 2015). This is really frustated me, now I need to waiting more days to get my own money from my hardwork 😞

Hello Muhammad,

I just checked your account and I could see that your withdrawal transaction was successfully processed. Kindly wait for four business days for your earnings to arrive at your bank. Thank you.

Untitled

@Ryan C wrote:

Hello Muhammad,

I just checked your account and I could see that your withdrawal transaction was successfully processed. Kindly wait for four business days for your earnings to arrive at your bank. Thank you.

Thank you Ryan,

I'm not really sure if my withdrawal is already processed, I got zero web notifications or email telling me that my WD is processed, please check my attachments. Also I got an email too (1 min after WD request) confirming that my withdrawal is on hold for further review Man Indifferent

Hello Muhammad,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled

Hi. Sorry to join your conversation but I am having the exact same issue. I was trying to transfer funds to my PayPal account yet I was told my payment was put on hold. I was looking forward for that pay since I have to pay my medical bills. I just gave birth. It’s stressing me out.

Hello Elizabeth,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hello Ryan,

could you please check mine too? i am experienced the same problem. never have problem before with the withdrawal.

thank you,

S Andree

Hi S,

An agent from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to give you more information about the limitation to your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem and I am very sad I worked Hard to have this...

help me please

yobudj
Community Member

Hello peter, 

i have confusion now i got regular message while withdrawal  like "you requested payment of $** from Upwork via Direct to Local Bank Transfer account. "

May i know the issue is resolved now?

When we have two threads with multiple people saying they can't make withdrawals over a 48-hour period, possibly the answer is not to open a CS ticket for each of them but to find out what the larger issue is and fix it?

gabiruh
Community Member

Hi, Ryan. Same happened to me. It's a payment from a regular client, which pays me almost weekly, and I always withdraw without problems to my paypal account. I have bills to pay and I really depend on this payment.

Hello Sir,

Kindly please also check my account? I submitted a request checking on why my payment's on hold and send a photo of my passport. I was able to withdraw the money on my available balance, however, I received a notification saying "**is currently on hold for additional review.**". This is the first time I encounter something like this on my account. I received an email about "payment confirmation" and I'm not sure if everything's fixed already. I did not receive any response yet from your support. Please help. Thank you!!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cinderella, 

I have followed up your ticket with the Customer Support Team and they will get back to you with more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
cindyrazo
Community Member

Thank you so much, Avery! Appreciate it!

Hi! Experienced the same thing after being on Upwork for several years and withdrawing funds without incident. I've been using the same bank account which matches the name on my Upwork account. Is this a system glitch? Is there a reason my earnings are on hold? Please advise.

Hi Jeanne,

I can see that you have opened a ticket for this, since private information are involved our team will assist you on your ticket.

~ Goran
Upwork

Will wait for the response to my ticket. I just noticed a number of different people posting about the same issue over the past few days, so I was wondering if this is a system issue instead of actual problems with our accounts.

thetody94
Community Member

Hello,

Can anyone explane me why is my payment on hold? This is the third time that I want to transfer earnings to payoneer account. First two time I didn't have this problem.

Thank you.

Stefan,

Being patient in this situation is the only thing you can do.  They are just running additional security checks.  If there is no issue with the payment you need not worry.

Thank you Mike!

Hi Stefan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you to assist you further. you can access your ticket here. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne Marie P,

I am also new freelancer and I have also got the same issue today. "that my payment is on hold for Identity verification". I have linked my payoneer account with upwork and I usually withdraw money to this account.

Please help me.

Thanks. 

imakeinternet
Community Member

Hi Petar,  Unfortunately Upwork does not take in to consideration your personal problems when transfering money.  These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse and to ensure trust worthiness of the company.  Patience is key here.

I guess you're right, but if you're taking 20-10-5% portions of my projects, least you can do is to review the withdrawals in timely manner (couple hours) having in mind some people here freelance full-time and this being only source of income.
Thanks for your replay.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths