🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Payment Suddenly Being On Hold
Page options
r0p3
Community Member

Withdrawl on hold for additional review?

Hey,

I just wanted to express my feelings about 'Withdrawal is on hold' as I dont see anything else I can do.

So I had bills to cover today, so I told my clients to pay me on 15th, as its fixed-price contract the money would be proccessed on 20th. Well what a shockar to find out that half of the money will be available tomorrow (no big deal but it said 20th in the report section for 4 days), so I contact UW support to atleast get an information on why is it taking a day longer for the other half (it was payed as a bonus and it was billed on 16th apperantly no worries). When I tried to withdrawal frist half that is aavailable, my my what a shocker:

*Your payment is on hold for further review*

And in the email among others it says : If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days.

REALLY? 2 DAYS?

Thanks for rewarding all my hard work I did trough Upwork with electricity being cut.

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
imakeinternet
Community Member

Hi Petar,  Unfortunately Upwork does not take in to consideration your personal problems when transfering money.  These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse and to ensure trust worthiness of the company.  Patience is key here.

View solution in original post

217 REPLIES 217
amr_alaa
Community Member

the same happened with me, same withdraw operation in the same time and same value every month, and it is ON-HOLD, 

upwork takes 20% of my fees to protect my money not to hold it and release it when they wish to do that

and if there any identity issues that need to be checked, that should be done ASAP when the issue raised, not wait till me trying to withdraw my money for my father surgical operation, then hold it, we need to check your & our records?!

my withdraw is on HOLD till now

Amr, Muhammad and others,

Upwork is required to adhere to set guidelines and to verify users' information before sending the money to them.

This is a common request and we just need to clear your accounts before we send the funds. An email is sent to any user who needs to complete this process and the team will directly follow up with you if any additional information is required.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for your reply Valeria!

but we need more detailed info and solution also, as this is not my first payment, and I did not change anything in my payments info, plus I am still waiting for any email with the follow up, so that I can withdraw MY MONEY ASAP, PLEASE

my payment is on hold, with no any further information or steps to follow.

what shall I do now beside waiting ?

Amr,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to share more details at this time. Every account that requires an additional review will be checked by the team within 1 business day and freelancers will be notified if any additional information or verification is necessary. Otherwise, the payment will be released as usual.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Waiting and Hope!

thanks again

Hello may I know why my payment is on hold, in fact, I have mention my all details regarding my bank account ..please guide me Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I can see that you have already opened a ticket for this, one of our team members will respond back to you shortly and assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork

They hold payment in the last week and released after 1 day. Today I have withdrawn and again hold for review. What’s wrong ? Will it happen always for Payoneer withdraw?

Thanks Valeria, 

I wish there will be no issue like this in the future. I mean why don't Upwork ask us for verification in the first place before we withdraw the money? So we don't have to wait for the administrative review and verification like this

For some of us, 1-2 day payment delay is a dead or alive situation. Thanks for the understanding.

It has just happened to me. I'll never understand these kind of procedures. Totally unfair if you consider the time we have to wait for our money and the fees you take. It would be enough to check what you need in advance...

Thanks 

alita60
Community Member

Solved! 

majoruiz
Community Member

Hello, how long did it take you to get your Money? 

petra_r
Community Member

@Petar A wrote:

1) *Your payment is on hold for further review*

2) ... rewarding all my hard work I did trough Upwork with electricity being cut.

Cheers!

1) This means there is a possible discrepancy. Is your withdrawal method in your own legal name which is the same as your registered Upwork name?

The last person who had this problem had been using his father's Payoneer card to withdraw...

2) If you leave it to the last second to pay your electricity bill before having it cut off that is incredibly careless and bad planning... As a freelancer I would rather not eat than have power and / or Internet cut off. No power - no work...

r0p3
Community Member

Nope, everything in my name, Payoneer and Upwork.

Regarding not eating and paying the internet and power bills ~ Exactly the same, I never had any issues with Upwork before, and thats exactly why I timed the milestones perfectly but while we make plans I guess universe laughs at us 🙂

Thanks for your replay

yobudj
Community Member

I have a same issue right now " Your payment of $**  via Direct to Local Bank Transfer account is currently on hold for additional review."

Please help with that issue

Regards

Porkodi

r0p3
Community Member

Porkodi, what I did is I contacted Upwork support, the agent escalated my request to a department that does the review to speed up the proccess. I guess you can try the same.
Best regards

yobudj
Community Member

Okay thanks peter. i already escalated. But i dont know why it happens. really frustrated

r0p3
Community Member

I hope it won't happen tomorrow for my next withdrawal hahaha 🙂
On why it happenes no idea I'd like to hear an explanation too.

I am also facing the same problem. 

Hi Fahad,

One of our team members will contact you soon and assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork
r0p3
Community Member

Hehe its all good now, they released the payment :))
Thanks for replaying on my post guys ! 🙂

petra_r
Community Member

@Petar A wrote:

Hehe its all good now, they released the payment :))
Thanks for replaying on my post guys ! 🙂

Great news 🙂 You'll have power after all 🙂

rania-22
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same probleme and I am Newfreelancer I need urgently my money but I do not found any issue i have contact the support and I am waiting very sad 

petra_r
Community Member

@Stefan T wrote:

Can anyone explane me why is my payment on hold? This is the third time that I want to transfer earnings to payoneer account. First two time I didn't have this problem.

Your Payoneer account is in your name and all the details match the details on your Upwork account?

Yes, all the details match the details on my Upwork account.

rania-22
Community Member

Hello

When I try for the first time to transfert 10 dollars to my account I received this mess "Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us." also I received another in my email ".We may need to verify some of your identify information and if so,.. if so, a member of our identity verification team wil reach reach out to you within a business day via email to assist you. Once the review is completed successfully, we will process your transaction. If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days, please 

Just before it I added my paypal account so Is it a problem.?

Thank you

Hi Ghania,

Please respond back to the ticket that was sent to your email. Once it's completed, your request will then be processed. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello Thank you but I do not understand which email are you speaking about because I did not received email before 

Help please it is urgent for me 

Kind regards

Hello

Thanks but which email are you speaking about ,before this email I did not received any email from upworkand I have contacted support but I did not have a response

please help

kind regards

Hi Ghania, You have submitted a ticket in regards to your concern. Please kindly wait for an update or response from one of our team member. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

@Jo-An B

Thanks for your reply, any news regarding our main issue here ?

"Withdrawl on hold for additional review" that happened for regular user on regular payment to regular accounts?

Hello Community members. 

I have also received "Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us." also I received another in my email ".We may need to verify some of your identify information and if so,.. if so, a member of our identity verification team wil reach reach out to you within a business day via email to assist you." notification when I transfer my earnings to my payoneer account. Please help me with that issue. 

Thanks. 

Hi Naimat, There was already a ticket submitted on your end. Please wait for a response from one of our team member. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Ok I will wait and I know upwork has a great customer support. they support me every time when I need help and support. I really appreciate. 

Thanks. 

Hi Jo-An, can you check the status of my issue and can you help me to submit my ticket? I'll appreciate it thanks

amr_alaa
Community Member

I received few payments from some clients, then tried to withdraw my money to my normal regular paypal account, but I got this message "your payment is on hold for further review".
I do not know what to do! and why this is happening?
I need my money ASAP, also, if there are any need to check my identity as written in this automated email, that should had done immediately when the issue raised, not waiting till me trying to withdraw my money for my father surgical operation!
Upwork takes 20% to protect my money not to hold it and release it when they need to release it...

Me too! what is happening with Upwork?? I withdrew normally 3 days ago. And suddenly it is on hold.

Can someone give a reasonable answer please? as if 20% cut and 123214 week pending is not enough to make us freelancer suffer,

dansgame28
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

Why is my payment being on hold, suddenly?
I just withdrawed 3 days ago with the same method. and everything is normal. But why is suddenly my payment being on hold

Please help me, I waited long enough for the payment and this issue makes me more frustated. I just want to get what I deserve from my hard work since a week ago.

Not everyone is having a nice desk job like you, some full-time freelancer like me didn't eat anything until the Upwork payment come. Can you resolve this quickly, please.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to withdraw my payment to PayPal. Why is this happening? Nothing has changed in both accounts (paypal & upwork).

dansgame28
Community Member

Me too! what is happening with Upwork?? I withdrew normally 3 days ago. And suddenly it is on hold.

Can someone give a reasonable answer please? as if 20% cut and 123214 week pending is not enough to make us freelancer suffer,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths