🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Withdrawal on hold.. AGAIN
Page options
r0p3
Community Member

Withdrawl on hold for additional review?

Hey,

I just wanted to express my feelings about 'Withdrawal is on hold' as I dont see anything else I can do.

So I had bills to cover today, so I told my clients to pay me on 15th, as its fixed-price contract the money would be proccessed on 20th. Well what a shockar to find out that half of the money will be available tomorrow (no big deal but it said 20th in the report section for 4 days), so I contact UW support to atleast get an information on why is it taking a day longer for the other half (it was payed as a bonus and it was billed on 16th apperantly no worries). When I tried to withdrawal frist half that is aavailable, my my what a shocker:

*Your payment is on hold for further review*

And in the email among others it says : If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days.

REALLY? 2 DAYS?

Thanks for rewarding all my hard work I did trough Upwork with electricity being cut.

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
imakeinternet
Community Member

Hi Petar,  Unfortunately Upwork does not take in to consideration your personal problems when transfering money.  These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse and to ensure trust worthiness of the company.  Patience is key here.

View solution in original post

217 REPLIES 217
r0p3
Community Member

Well again today ON HOLD. So is the application bugging or is this expected  behaviour ?
Nothing changed from yesterday and again today its on hold and my acc is being reviewed.
I tought you guys did the review yesterday ?
Thanks

amr_alaa
Community Member

ooh, this is new!

your payment was on hold yesterday and did the reviewe process, then you tried another withdraw today, and it is on hold again?

=====

also, tell me about the review process, did it take longtime?

thanks in advance

r0p3
Community Member

Yeaaaaap thats right...

r0p3
Community Member

It took like 2 hours more or less yesterday from the time I contact UW support to get released notification. I hoped this one would be an instant but I guess I'll have to wait for another 2 hours or so.

amr_alaa
Community Member

I am waiting for 12 hrs now 😄

Good luck for all of us!

r0p3
Community Member

Well, just want to let you all know that after being put on hold and reviewed yesterday, I got the funds released. YEEEY

I just woke up to get my remaining funds that became available today, just to be presented with another 'ON HOLD' sing and email lol...

Is it possible that yesterdays review was never perfromed (witch I hardly belive) OR your application has obvious bug that is so frustrating to your freelancers...?

joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Petar,

Upwork is required to adhere to set guidelines and to verify users' information before sending the money to them.
This is a common request and we just need to clear your accounts before we send the funds. An email is sent to any user who needs to complete this process and the team will directly follow up with you if any additional information is required. These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse.
Thank you for your patience.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

@Jo-An B wrote:

Hi Petar,

Upwork is required to adhere to set guidelines and to verify users' information before sending the money to them.
This is a common request and we just need to clear your accounts before we send the funds. An email is sent to any user who needs to complete this process and the team will directly follow up with you if any additional information is required. These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse.
Thank you for your patience.

Please READ what he said before sending that canned response?

His account was verified YESTERDAY when he tried to withdraw part of his funds and they were on hold. Today he tried to withdraw the rest and it went on hold AGAIN.

Petar and Petra, 

Due to legal regulations Upwork needs to comply with, the hold may happen for each withdrawal. The review should be completed and the payment will be processed within one business day as usual.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have worked with eLance and Upwork for several years and have always used the same PayPal (same user name as Upwork) and now am being told that I cannot be paid without further review.

This is concerning. How do I escalate this issue? I have several projects pending and will not start them until this issue is fixed.

Hi Alicia, We are sorry to hear about your concern. Please wait for a reply from one of our team member on the ticket that you have created today. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

My payement via payoneer is on hold - can I know why, any help for a live chat with customer support

Salem

Mine was also on hold when I withdrew money on Saturday,but I received it a few hours later. So don't worry too much, it might just be delayed.

Hi Salem,

The team will follow up if any additional information is necessary. If not, the payment will clear within one business day.

We appreciate your patience as this is being processed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Alicia, this probably has nothing to do with your account. Quite a few freelancers have made identical posts here in the past two days. It is for some reason being treated as dozens of one-off problems instead of a systemic one, but you are not alone.

Tiffany - I received an update stating that the US Government has banned them from working with someone with my name, yet they won't say why?
I was born in Canada and have been to America maybe 3 times..I am so confused by this.
r0p3
Community Member

What ? That certainly sounds confusing lol

sam-sly
Community Member

@Alicia D wrote:
Tiffany - I received an update stating that the US Government has banned them from working with someone with my name, yet they won't say why?
I was born in Canada and have been to America maybe 3 times..I am so confused by this.

What? That is strange. Was this message from Upwork? I doubt it is true. 

sam-sly
Community Member

@Alicia D wrote:

I am sorry I doubted you. I was told something similar. I am an American citizen, I lived in the UK for a few years and visited Canada and Europe a few times. My last name is Finnish, but I've sadly never visited. It sounds like it has nothing to do with actual nationality, just names. This world gets stranger every day. Fair enough, other people are discriminated against for all sorts of unfair things, now I am for my grandfather's last name.  

@Tiffany S wrote:

Alicia, this probably has nothing to do with your account. Quite a few freelancers have made identical posts here in the past two days. It is for some reason being treated as dozens of one-off problems instead of a systemic one, but you are not alone.

This is my guess. The same happened to me last night. I went to withdraw a weekly payment from an ongoing client. I withdrew from my Upwork account to this same bank account at least once a week for over a year. The name on the account matches my name. This is the first time I ran into this. I was surprised and worried when I saw it. But based on the other posts, it sounds like a system glitch or something. I hope the team is looking at the big picture even if they are not telling us.

@Valeria K wrote:

1)  Petar and Petra, 

2)  Due to legal regulations Upwork needs to comply with, the hold may happen for each withdrawal.

1) I just saw the anagram lol 😄

2) Thank for the clarification, makes sense now!

sam-sly
Community Member

Quick question. I just received the usual email confirming my payment request after last night's message about the review and how I need to wait two business days. Does that mean my "review" is complete? I didn't open a ticket since it is the weekend and the notice said to wait two business days.

r0p3
Community Member

Yes, this means you'll have to either wait 2 days OR esclalate your claim to UW support agents. Once its escalated it'll take bassicly around couple hours to solve your issue. But I can't but think about all the people having same issue that don't have access to top rated UW support etc. So I imagine theres quite a handfull frustrated people around here..

r0p3
Community Member

And thanks to all upwork staff that worked on my problem that helped we come to a solution.

Although this is clearly and SOLELY an application bug.

rania-22
Community Member

Hello, I have the confirmation of my payment after the review So it means that the problem is resolved? Thanks
r0p3
Community Member

Yes! However untill the main issue is solved by UW staff, you might find yourself being on hold for next withdrawal eventhough you passed the initial review as this seems to be an application bug rather than an real issue related to withdrawals.
Hope this helped you,

Best regards

aalogicspk
Community Member

Same thing happened to me today , I am using same account for withdrawals , I have done hundreds of withdrawl in same account and now UW wants to review . doesn't make sense to me.

My issue resolved , Payment recieved. thanks Upwork

jeannemeets
Community Member

I have been on Upwork for several years and have used the same bank account to withdraw funds without incident. Today I tried to withdraw my earnings, but I received an email saying my "payment is on hold until further review." My account is verified. My banking info matches my Upwork info. This is the first time this happened.

I have already submitted a ticket (no response yet) and I have seen another thread of people with the same issue which makes me think it could just be a glitch. But so far, no one has been able to tell me if this is a system issue or if it is something I should be worried about. I have been panicking for the better part of the day, and I would really appreciate a clear response and not just the standard copy-paste responses I've been seeing.

This is really quite urgent, and I just want to know what is happening. Is there a way to please put a rush on getting my ticket solved?

Hi Jeanne,

This is not a glitch, this is due to legal regulations Upwork needs to comply with. The review will be completed shortly and the payment will be processed within one business day as usual.
I have already escalated your concern to our team.

~ Goran
Upwork

I disagree, it has nothing to do with real concern. Proof for this is that my money was on hold 2 days in a row. So yes, I think this is bugged feature of the application = a glitch.

jeannemeets
Community Member

My issue has not yet been resolved, but I have to agree with Petar. The volume of people experiencing the issue over the span of just a few days is an indication of a larger problem -- especially if most of these people have had no issues with their account in the past.

Hi Upworkers! Thought I’d join this thread after my stressful morning of receiving the same issue and for now it is resolved thanks to the helpful UW support team - however there is still no proper explanation as to why this is suddenly happening and not just to a few freelancers but to a lot of us. It is concerning as most of us rely on upwork as our only income for the hard work we produce for our trusted clients. I simply want answers that provide legitimate information as to why this is happening suddenly. 

Also has anyone else been told that this payment hold will happen EVERY time you withdraw funds to your bank account? I am worried that my payment from now on will always be delayed and I don’t expect to have to always raise the issue by opening a ticket and contacting support. That’s why I need an explanation. Why should it happen to experienced freelancers who have received payment multiple times and have regular clients who pay them on time? 

And yes, I’ve been told that UW is adhering to the US government guidelines but I still don’t understand why we should have our accounts reviewed again and again every time we withdraw funds. It makes no sense to me. 

It happened to me again.  Why is this happening everytime I make a withdrawal? 

Hey Samantha, when it happened to you again did you have to contact support for the issue to be resolved again or did you wait for your payment to process and how long did it take? 

@Lisa D wrote:

Hey Samantha, when it happened to you again did you have to contact support for the issue to be resolved again or did you wait for your payment to process and how long did it take? 

I opened another ticket and it isn't resolved yet.

This is getting very annoying. 

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Samantha,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I also made a follow up on your ticket. Our representative will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled

Hello Lisa,

We're sorry for the inconvenience this process have caused you. I just checked your account and I could see that you responded to our representative regarding this. I will make a follow up to your ticket. Our team representative will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

No worries and thank you, Ryan! I really do appreciate all the effort from the support team. 

sam-sly
Community Member

Ryan, it also happened to me again. I reopened my previous ticket from my last transaction. Should I have opened a new ticket?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths