🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Payment hold_ Solved
Page options
r0p3
Community Member

Withdrawl on hold for additional review?

Hey,

I just wanted to express my feelings about 'Withdrawal is on hold' as I dont see anything else I can do.

So I had bills to cover today, so I told my clients to pay me on 15th, as its fixed-price contract the money would be proccessed on 20th. Well what a shockar to find out that half of the money will be available tomorrow (no big deal but it said 20th in the report section for 4 days), so I contact UW support to atleast get an information on why is it taking a day longer for the other half (it was payed as a bonus and it was billed on 16th apperantly no worries). When I tried to withdrawal frist half that is aavailable, my my what a shocker:

*Your payment is on hold for further review*

And in the email among others it says : If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days.

REALLY? 2 DAYS?

Thanks for rewarding all my hard work I did trough Upwork with electricity being cut.

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
imakeinternet
Community Member

Hi Petar,  Unfortunately Upwork does not take in to consideration your personal problems when transfering money.  These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse and to ensure trust worthiness of the company.  Patience is key here.

View solution in original post

217 REPLIES 217
drodelas
Community Member

Hi,

Just waited for a few hours & I got a confirmation email. I can see the payment reflecting on my Payoneer account. Whoever worked out on this, thank you so much, you helped alot. 

Sincerely,

Dune R.

Hi Dune,

After you have tried to withdraw and prompt with "payment hold for further review" is your available balance have gone? like mine..

I have the same as you.  I got the notice the withdrawal is on hold but now the money does not appear in my uowork account.  It looks like a withdrawal was made and now my account balance is 0.  That is not cool.  

Looks like several of us are having the same problem! 

khansohrabali
Community Member

Hi,

Unfortunately, your payment of $242.80 via ACH bank account Ref# 164157214 is currently on hold for additional review. We may need to verify some of your identify information and if so, a member of our identity verification team will reach out to you within a business day via email to assist you. Once the review is completed successfully, we will process your transaction. If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days, please contact support.

Upwork live chat support and also tickets services are also not working.

What should i do?

Thanks,

Sohrab
**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sohrab, 

I checked your account and it looks like the withdrawal was processed and is successful on our end. Let us know if you will be needing our assistance further.

~ Avery
Upwork
3ctechnologies
Community Member

I just tried a transaction and received a message as my transfer is on hold for additional review.Can some one assist me please as i havent voilated any Upwork terms..So, why is this the case?

Hi Muhammad, 

Please refer to the information sent to you regarding the hold on the withdrawal you made for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork

ok, Thanks for the response ..So, as per email,i should wait for atleast 1 busines day..

I will do that and hope everythign would be fine.

Hi everyone,

Ok so I have the same withdrawal issue but the problem is that in 12 hours I didn't got any email to tell me at least that the payment is in review. I only got the message from my Upwork account.

I'm ready to wait up to 24 hours or even more but I see most of the people here are having their problem fixed in 1-2 hours so I guess waiting 12 hours like me is already too much.

Is this going to happen every time I withdraw money from Upwork?

Maybe someone can take a look what is happening with my transaction.

One email from Upwork before this new rule was added could have been helpful. We should all know what is going on and avoid losing our time asking questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi Adrian,

I`m sorry about the delay with this, payments are processed within one business day.

If you need further help let me know, if private details are involved please send me a PM(click on my name).

~ Goran
Upwork

I didn't got any email requesting private details (I'll provide them if you tell me what exactly do I need to send you and where because I'll not send them in a PM). Just the message on upwork to tell me to wait for review and maybe someone will even ask me additional info.

What I don't understand is the order in which these transactions are reviewed.

Beside that shouldn't we all get an email notification regarding the Upwork Terms changes?

Anyway, I'm sure the Upwork team is working hard to cover everything.

Hi Adrian,

We are always asking documents to be sent via secure links and not in private messages. If our team needs additional information they will contact you directly, thank you for your understanding.

~ Goran
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

We'd like to provide more information about the issue discussed here. At Upwork, we regularly update our payment disbursement processes in order to keep withdrawals secure and ensure all transactions are compliant with applicable law. Last week, we released an update to our disbursement system which impacted customers who should not have been impacted. We’ve since rolled back this release. We sincerely apologize for the error, and are working to ensure that this will not happen again.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks for the follow-up ! 🙂

coyswood
Community Member

hello i was unable to withraw from my account, it was refering me to support. i was placed on hold to refund a client before i could withdraw , i alresdy did the refund and still unable to withdraw. please help thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prince, 

It looks like you’re communicating with our team regarding this case on your existing ticket. If you have any additional questions please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork
9ff4246b
Community Member

Understanding cryptocurrencies may require some time and effort on your part. If you were not born into the digital age, understanding the concept of cryptocurrencies, let alone blockchain technology, may not come naturally to you. Attempting to put money into something that you don't have a solid grasp on is also a risky move in and of itself. Here are some additional reasons why crypto is not a solid investment:

1 Beginners in crypto are especially susceptible to security flaws.

2 The viability of investing in cryptocurrencies over the long term is not, as of now, established.

3 There is a high risk of loss associated with investing in cryptocurrencies.

#cryptocurrency #blockchaintechnology #digitalage #Bitcoin #cryptoinvestments #cryptoassets #cryptocurrencymarket #digitalassets #cryptoscam #Cryptofraud   

Got Scammed Online?
Let's Get Your Money Back!

WhatsApp     +1___386///348////7838

E  mail  contact@ rustikcyberhackservice. com   rustikcyberhackservice@  gmail. com

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths