cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawl on hold for additional review?

r0p3
Ace Contributor

Hey,

I just wanted to express my feelings about 'Withdrawal is on hold' as I dont see anything else I can do.

So I had bills to cover today, so I told my clients to pay me on 15th, as its fixed-price contract the money would be proccessed on 20th. Well what a shockar to find out that half of the money will be available tomorrow (no big deal but it said 20th in the report section for 4 days), so I contact UW support to atleast get an information on why is it taking a day longer for the other half (it was payed as a bonus and it was billed on 16th apperantly no worries). When I tried to withdrawal frist half that is aavailable, my my what a shocker:

*Your payment is on hold for further review*

And in the email among others it says : If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days.

REALLY? 2 DAYS?

Thanks for rewarding all my hard work I did trough Upwork with electricity being cut.

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
imakeinternet
Community Leader

Hi Petar,  Unfortunately Upwork does not take in to consideration your personal problems when transfering money.  These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse and to ensure trust worthiness of the company.  Patience is key here.

View solution in original post

216 REPLIES 216
petra_r
Community Guru

@Stefan T wrote:

Can anyone explane me why is my payment on hold? This is the third time that I want to transfer earnings to payoneer account. First two time I didn't have this problem.

Your Payoneer account is in your name and all the details match the details on your Upwork account?

Yes, all the details match the details on my Upwork account.

rania-22
Active

Hello

When I try for the first time to transfert 10 dollars to my account I received this mess "Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us." also I received another in my email ".We may need to verify some of your identify information and if so,.. if so, a member of our identity verification team wil reach reach out to you within a business day via email to assist you. Once the review is completed successfully, we will process your transaction. If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days, please 

Just before it I added my paypal account so Is it a problem.?

Thank you

Hi Ghania,

Please respond back to the ticket that was sent to your email. Once it's completed, your request will then be processed. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello Thank you but I do not understand which email are you speaking about because I did not received email before 

Help please it is urgent for me 

Kind regards

Hello

Thanks but which email are you speaking about ,before this email I did not received any email from upworkand I have contacted support but I did not have a response

please help

kind regards

Hi Ghania, You have submitted a ticket in regards to your concern. Please kindly wait for an update or response from one of our team member. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

@Jo-An B

Thanks for your reply, any news regarding our main issue here ?

"Withdrawl on hold for additional review" that happened for regular user on regular payment to regular accounts?

Hello Community members. 

I have also received "Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us." also I received another in my email ".We may need to verify some of your identify information and if so,.. if so, a member of our identity verification team wil reach reach out to you within a business day via email to assist you." notification when I transfer my earnings to my payoneer account. Please help me with that issue. 

Thanks. 

Hi Naimat, There was already a ticket submitted on your end. Please wait for a response from one of our team member. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Ok I will wait and I know upwork has a great customer support. they support me every time when I need help and support. I really appreciate. 

Thanks. 

Hi Jo-An, can you check the status of my issue and can you help me to submit my ticket? I'll appreciate it thanks

amr_alaa
Active
I received few payments from some clients, then tried to withdraw my money to my normal regular paypal account, but I got this message "your payment is on hold for further review".
I do not know what to do! and why this is happening?
I need my money ASAP, also, if there are any need to check my identity as written in this automated email, that should had done immediately when the issue raised, not waiting till me trying to withdraw my money for my father surgical operation!
Upwork takes 20% to protect my money not to hold it and release it when they need to release it...

Me too! what is happening with Upwork?? I withdrew normally 3 days ago. And suddenly it is on hold.

Can someone give a reasonable answer please? as if 20% cut and 123214 week pending is not enough to make us freelancer suffer,

dansgame28
Active

Hello Upwork,

Why is my payment being on hold, suddenly?
I just withdrawed 3 days ago with the same method. and everything is normal. But why is suddenly my payment being on hold

Please help me, I waited long enough for the payment and this issue makes me more frustated. I just want to get what I deserve from my hard work since a week ago.

Not everyone is having a nice desk job like you, some full-time freelancer like me didn't eat anything until the Upwork payment come. Can you resolve this quickly, please.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to withdraw my payment to PayPal. Why is this happening? Nothing has changed in both accounts (paypal & upwork).

dansgame28
Active

Me too! what is happening with Upwork?? I withdrew normally 3 days ago. And suddenly it is on hold.

Can someone give a reasonable answer please? as if 20% cut and 123214 week pending is not enough to make us freelancer suffer,

r0p3
Ace Contributor

Well again today ON HOLD. So is the application bugging or is this expected  behaviour ?
Nothing changed from yesterday and again today its on hold and my acc is being reviewed.
I tought you guys did the review yesterday ?
Thanks

ooh, this is new!

your payment was on hold yesterday and did the reviewe process, then you tried another withdraw today, and it is on hold again?

=====

also, tell me about the review process, did it take longtime?

thanks in advance

r0p3
Ace Contributor

Yeaaaaap thats right...

r0p3
Ace Contributor

It took like 2 hours more or less yesterday from the time I contact UW support to get released notification. I hoped this one would be an instant but I guess I'll have to wait for another 2 hours or so.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS