cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawl on hold for additional review?

r0p3
Ace Contributor

Hey,

I just wanted to express my feelings about 'Withdrawal is on hold' as I dont see anything else I can do.

So I had bills to cover today, so I told my clients to pay me on 15th, as its fixed-price contract the money would be proccessed on 20th. Well what a shockar to find out that half of the money will be available tomorrow (no big deal but it said 20th in the report section for 4 days), so I contact UW support to atleast get an information on why is it taking a day longer for the other half (it was payed as a bonus and it was billed on 16th apperantly no worries). When I tried to withdrawal frist half that is aavailable, my my what a shocker:

*Your payment is on hold for further review*

And in the email among others it says : If you don't hear back from us within 2 business days.

REALLY? 2 DAYS?

Thanks for rewarding all my hard work I did trough Upwork with electricity being cut.

Cheers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
imakeinternet
Community Leader

Hi Petar,  Unfortunately Upwork does not take in to consideration your personal problems when transfering money.  These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse and to ensure trust worthiness of the company.  Patience is key here.

View solution in original post

216 REPLIES 216

I am waiting for 12 hrs now 😄

Good luck for all of us!

r0p3
Ace Contributor

Well, just want to let you all know that after being put on hold and reviewed yesterday, I got the funds released. YEEEY

I just woke up to get my remaining funds that became available today, just to be presented with another 'ON HOLD' sing and email lol...

Is it possible that yesterdays review was never perfromed (witch I hardly belive) OR your application has obvious bug that is so frustrating to your freelancers...?

Hi Petar,

Upwork is required to adhere to set guidelines and to verify users' information before sending the money to them.
This is a common request and we just need to clear your accounts before we send the funds. An email is sent to any user who needs to complete this process and the team will directly follow up with you if any additional information is required. These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse.
Thank you for your patience.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

@Jo-An B wrote:

Hi Petar,

Upwork is required to adhere to set guidelines and to verify users' information before sending the money to them.
This is a common request and we just need to clear your accounts before we send the funds. An email is sent to any user who needs to complete this process and the team will directly follow up with you if any additional information is required. These rules are in place to prevent fraud and abuse.
Thank you for your patience.

Please READ what he said before sending that canned response?

His account was verified YESTERDAY when he tried to withdraw part of his funds and they were on hold. Today he tried to withdraw the rest and it went on hold AGAIN.

Petar and Petra, 

Due to legal regulations Upwork needs to comply with, the hold may happen for each withdrawal. The review should be completed and the payment will be processed within one business day as usual.

~ Valeria
Upwork
I have worked with eLance and Upwork for several years and have always used the same PayPal (same user name as Upwork) and now am being told that I cannot be paid without further review.

This is concerning. How do I escalate this issue? I have several projects pending and will not start them until this issue is fixed.

Hi Alicia, We are sorry to hear about your concern. Please wait for a reply from one of our team member on the ticket that you have created today. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

My payement via payoneer is on hold - can I know why, any help for a live chat with customer support

Salem
Mine was also on hold when I withdrew money on Saturday,but I received it a few hours later. So don't worry too much, it might just be delayed.

Hi Salem,

The team will follow up if any additional information is necessary. If not, the payment will clear within one business day.

We appreciate your patience as this is being processed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Alicia, this probably has nothing to do with your account. Quite a few freelancers have made identical posts here in the past two days. It is for some reason being treated as dozens of one-off problems instead of a systemic one, but you are not alone.

Tiffany - I received an update stating that the US Government has banned them from working with someone with my name, yet they won't say why?
I was born in Canada and have been to America maybe 3 times..I am so confused by this.
r0p3
Ace Contributor

What ? That certainly sounds confusing lol

@Alicia D wrote:
Tiffany - I received an update stating that the US Government has banned them from working with someone with my name, yet they won't say why?
I was born in Canada and have been to America maybe 3 times..I am so confused by this.

What? That is strange. Was this message from Upwork? I doubt it is true. 

@Alicia D wrote:

I am sorry I doubted you. I was told something similar. I am an American citizen, I lived in the UK for a few years and visited Canada and Europe a few times. My last name is Finnish, but I've sadly never visited. It sounds like it has nothing to do with actual nationality, just names. This world gets stranger every day. Fair enough, other people are discriminated against for all sorts of unfair things, now I am for my grandfather's last name.  

@Tiffany S wrote:

Alicia, this probably has nothing to do with your account. Quite a few freelancers have made identical posts here in the past two days. It is for some reason being treated as dozens of one-off problems instead of a systemic one, but you are not alone.

This is my guess. The same happened to me last night. I went to withdraw a weekly payment from an ongoing client. I withdrew from my Upwork account to this same bank account at least once a week for over a year. The name on the account matches my name. This is the first time I ran into this. I was surprised and worried when I saw it. But based on the other posts, it sounds like a system glitch or something. I hope the team is looking at the big picture even if they are not telling us.

@Valeria K wrote:

1)  Petar and Petra, 

2)  Due to legal regulations Upwork needs to comply with, the hold may happen for each withdrawal.

1) I just saw the anagram lol 😄

2) Thank for the clarification, makes sense now!

Quick question. I just received the usual email confirming my payment request after last night's message about the review and how I need to wait two business days. Does that mean my "review" is complete? I didn't open a ticket since it is the weekend and the notice said to wait two business days.

r0p3
Ace Contributor

Yes, this means you'll have to either wait 2 days OR esclalate your claim to UW support agents. Once its escalated it'll take bassicly around couple hours to solve your issue. But I can't but think about all the people having same issue that don't have access to top rated UW support etc. So I imagine theres quite a handfull frustrated people around here..

r0p3
Ace Contributor

And thanks to all upwork staff that worked on my problem that helped we come to a solution.

Although this is clearly and SOLELY an application bug.

Hello, I have the confirmation of my payment after the review So it means that the problem is resolved? Thanks
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS