cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withdrawl to Local Bank transfer Rejected by Citibanamex Card type Saldazo From Oxxo

Orlando R Member Since: Feb 22, 2019
1 of 18

I had been getting payments just fine. On time Since I started working for my client back on Dec 12th  On time every Thursday Night around 10:30 PM until today February  Friday 22 I go to the bank confident my pay is there. Turns out it wasn't which I taught was Odd I contact the bank and ask about the transfer to which they said Yes we got a transfer For (the exact amount  I withdrew  from Upwork) How every they told me it was declined due to their being a Monthly deposit limit of 18,000MXN Around 1,000USD  and I had exceeded that amount (which was true I just failed to check the limit restrictions I taught, wow! how easy and cool to withdrawal with this Type of debit card) However I don't have the funds in my Upwork account and the bank says they don't either I am not the type that saves for rainy days and here I am now left broke! Please, advice the steps I should take  Help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.  BTW Citibanamex basically saying listen we don't have contact the bank who sent it they will be able to track. And well Upwork has no way of Contacting them via phone. That I know of at least. Maybe a good idea to have customer service over the phone when dealing with Greenbacks, Smiley Very Happy I know it will get fixed somehow. Thank you in advance for your time.                                           

Community Leader
Matthew T Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
2 of 18

HA! When dealing with money is the least time they want to talk to you, sorry that I do not have a solutioin for you buddy, I just was wondering where you are from, I have never imagined that a bank would limit how much money you can give them, it's like totally against a banks basic function, they want more money.

I am just intrigued, do you know why your bank limits you to only recieve $1,000.00 per month? Is it possible for you to maybe upgrade your bank account to a higher level so that you can receive you payments over $1,000.00, if you are good at what you do, then you should plan on making a decent wage here on UpWork, more than $1,000.00 a month

3 of 18

Hello Mathew, I live in Mexico In the state of Baja California the card is called Saldazo which you can get at any OXXO (the equivalent of a 7-Eleven in the US  all you need is an Oficial Mexican ID a phone number to register to the card and proof of residence. Light bill , water bill , Internet bill that don't even have to be in your name and 10 minutes later you walk out with your card, They have an app on Google play called transfer which asks for the phone number that you linked and Debit  card #  you can check your balance  pay utility bills transfer between Saldazo users instantly. I got a notification on my phone when weekly payment was available. All was Gucci, I remember how hard it was for me to link a debit card to my PayPal account  5-8 years ago. Not too many people nor the banks knew how to help me here in Mexico, (not the case anymore) Anyhow it was super easy is what I am saying. I do remember a pop up stating the 18,000MXN  limits I assumed it was daily lol. I think its to avoid fraud since the card is so easy to get. I had my new kicks on today hair slick back, Friday Night visiting my Girlfriend in Tijuana, Baja California I go to the ATM and !!!BAAM!!! ,   now I am here in the room writing back to a stranger. LMAO.  JK thank you for taking the time to reply. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 18

Rejected funds take 7 to 10 days to work their way back through the banking system before you see them back in your Upwork account. Sometimes longer.

Community Leader
Matthew T Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 18

Orlando R wrote:

Hello Mathew, I live in Mexico In the state of Baja California the card is called Saldazo which you can get at any OXXO (the equivalent of a 7-Eleven in the US  all you need is an Oficial Mexican ID a phone number to register to the card and proof of residence. Light bill , water bill , Internet bill that don't even have to be in your name and 10 minutes later you walk out with your card, They have an app on Google play called transfer which asks for the phone number that you linked and Debit  card #  you can check your balance  pay utility bills transfer between Saldazo users instantly. I got a notification on my phone when weekly payment was available. All was Gucci, I remember how hard it was for me to link a debit card to my PayPal account  5-8 years ago. Not too many people nor the banks knew how to help me here in Mexico, (not the case anymore) Anyhow it was super easy is what I am saying. I do remember a pop up stating the 18,000MXN  limits I assumed it was daily lol. I think its to avoid fraud since the card is so easy to get. I had my new kicks on today hair slick back, Friday Night visiting my Girlfriend in Tijuana, Baja California I go to the ATM and !!!BAAM!!! ,   now I am here in the room writing back to a stranger. LMAO.  JK thank you for taking the time to reply. 

Hey I appreciate you taking the time to expand my knowledge buddy, I sure hope they can get it straightened out for you. And I wish you the best of luck as a freelancer, now that you are settling in, and if you treat your clients right, you can make a good living on UpWork so a real bank account soon might be your best way to go.

Matthew

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
6 of 18

Matthew T wrote:

HA! When dealing with money is the least time they want to talk to you, sorry that I do not have a solutioin for you buddy, I just was wondering where you are from, I have never imagined that a bank would limit how much money you can give them, it's like totally against a banks basic function, they want more money.

I am just intrigued, do you know why your bank limits you to only recieve $1,000.00 per month? Is it possible for you to maybe upgrade your bank account to a higher level so that you can receive you payments over $1,000.00, if you are good at what you do, then you should plan on making a decent wage here on UpWork, more than $1,000.00 a month

It is probably an anti-money-laundering thing. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 18

Hi Orlando,

I checked the transaction you are referring to and it looks like it was successful on our end. Direct to Local Bank transactions typically take 4-business days to reflect on your account. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, let us know so that we can ask for the Customer Support Team's help to issue a trace for this transaction. 

You may read more about Direct to Local Bank timings in this help article.

-Avery
Untitled
8 of 18

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Well, I guess I have been Contacted. lol, That's Up works response above Keeps getting worse lol. Citibanamex says money never entered their bank as it was rejected. I called a second time they gave me a Transaction number and a link to verify. Went to the website entered it could find nothing. Called a third time told them I could not locate the transaction with the number they provided. This third person said That the funds never touch their bank as it was rejected. Then says -mmm but there is a tracking number goes talks to the supervisor  comes back on the phone. And says the tracking number does not show because the funds never  touched their account. Whatever that means. I go to UpWork thinking I would get better results.I doubt they even bothered to actually read my help request as one of my questions was not even answered. All I got was a Canned message with the above response  Smiley Sad . I guess It was my fault for adding the Dumb card. But it really sucks how  Upwork takes up to 45-50 dollars weekly from my pay. It has now dropped to 10% Thank god!! now only $30-36 dollars weekly. And I can't even speak to someone on the phone. But I Love to work for my Client and the work I do for them. So That is why I have to use your platform. I will patiently wait while my Money appears from Only God knows where. lol  On the bright side Money never comes Late. Hehe  Thank you for all the help. I will post on here once I see the funds back in Upwork. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 18

Orlando R wrote:

. But it really sucks how  Upwork takes up to 45-50 dollars weekly from my pay. It has now dropped to 10% Thank god!! now only $30-36 dollars weekly. And I can't even speak to someone on the phone.

Why in the world would you want to waste your time speaking to someone on the phone. The funds will make their way back to your Upwork account but it takes time. It could not possibly be any more pointless calling either banks or Upwork.

10 of 18

Why in the world would I want to speak to someone on the phone and waste my time?  Umm lets see. 
Well for starters I have wasted much more time here due to the nature of the communication channel.   I write my email Hit send. I receive a confirmation email saying they will look into it. @ 3:16 PM   then at 07:18 PM Some community member replies. Has no solution just a question, Couple more hours pass by I get a canned message from Upwork. Keep in mind that not everyone is as confident and sure that the money will be back to their account. This has never happen  I mean c'mon People want answers fast when their Greenbacks are not in the pocket. At least I do.  Then some community Guru says it will take 7-8 days or something like that I don't want to go back to verify the email and waste more time lol. Only to be followed by another email From Upwork saying   it can take  4 weeks or less.  At this point ok I'm sort of satisfied. I know I have to wait.  Now let's see what a phone call could have done. 

Orlando dials 000-000-0000 I am on hold or whatever 5-10 Minutes Rep picks ups the hey. I explain to the Agent. (I can speak a lot faster than I type as most humans do I explain let's say 10 minutes he checks. Tells me hey Orlando it will take 1-4 weeks for you to get it. Bang I go on with my life. most importantly I I don't have to respond to your absurd & Cynical comment. not to mention a bit offensive no customer service skills at all. 

Email works for somethings better than others I agree 100% I doubt a service like PayPal would have ever functioned without any live phone agents. 

BTW I like the whole up work structure I understand not everything is perfect. 
Anyhow, that's just my humble and totally Unbiased opinion. Heart

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS