🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrawn Accidentally in Closed/Inactive Ban...
Page options
jean_opada
Community Member

Withdrawn Accidentally in Closed/Inactive Bank Account

Hi,

I recently withdrawn via Direct to Local Bank. The problem is my bank account is already closed or inactive. And I asked my bank about it. They said they will return the money here in Upwork. Is that possible that my money will return here in my Upwork account.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jean

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jean, 

If the account is now closed, the money will be automatically returned to your Upwork account. If the money doesn't reflect on your Upwork account after 8-business days, you can come back here, or directly contact our Customer Support Team so that they can issue a trace for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jean, 

If the account is now closed, the money will be automatically returned to your Upwork account. If the money doesn't reflect on your Upwork account after 8-business days, you can come back here, or directly contact our Customer Support Team so that they can issue a trace for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your email. That's make me feel better and helpful.
carcangel
Community Member

I recently withdrawn via direct to local bank. the problem is my bank account is already closed or inactive. Is that possible that my money will return here in my upwork account? 

Then it is posible that i will change my payment method so that the next payment would be directly to my active bank account. Where can we see the notification that the money will be back on my upwork account

Cyrille A wrote:

Is that possible that my money will return here in my upwork account? 

Yes, it will come back automatically. There is nothing you need to do.  It'll take a week or two.

Cyrille A wrote:

Then it is posible that i will change my payment method so that the next payment would be directly to my active bank account.

Change it right away.

Cyrille A wrote:

Where can we see the notification that the money will be back on my upwork account

The money will show back in your "Available" balance on your Reports Overview.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members