🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Withdrawn by you: Job application is canc...
Page options
grayfragments
Community Member

Withdrawn by you: Job application is cancelled by Upwork

I just found out that my 3(first) proposals were withdrawn with status "Withdrawn by you: Job application is cancelled by Upwork" and i don't quite understand what that supposed to mean, does anyone know?

118 REPLIES 118
busanitoday
Community Member

I am sure that it means that since yiu have withdrawn your proposal you application for that job has now been cancelled. I am sure by withdrawing the proposal you wanted to cancel the application, so this happens to be a confirmation that this has been done.

Or do you mean that you did not withdraw the proposals?

yes, i did *not* withdraw those proposals, it's just happened

now said that, i think know what happened. At that time i installed mobile application for Upwork and set my status to "Later", could that be it? does upwork withdraw your proposals when you change your status to "later"?

Edited: I was wrong 😄

Well, jobs is still listed when i do a search, and they also marked as 'applied'... Can i contact Upwork staff and ask them why proposals were cancelled?

I experienced the same issue. My account was suspended, and all my proposals were revoked by Upwork.

I just registered yesterday. As of today, my account has been verified and the suspension lifted.

How much time did this process take? Essentially, my account was suspended almost immediately, but then reinstated after verification. Is that correct?

I'm not receiving any responses from support, which is really disappointing.

Hi Miklós, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c8987b81
Community Member

Thank you.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Igor,

It looks like your account was put on hold because the initial verification wasn't completed and that's why your proposals were withdrawn. You completed the verification and your account was resumed so now you should be able to send proposals to jobs again.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I see, that's a bit strange behavior, but okay 🙂 Thank you for clarification

That happend to my account too. Can you please fix it? If you need anyhting please feel free to contact me.

@Oscar G wrote:

That happend to my account too. Can you please fix it? If you need anyhting please feel free to contact me.

Looks like your profile was suspended... Your photo is not of you,  your location looks at least like it might raise an eyebrow....

64aa3b68
Community Member

Hi Petra, unrelated to this post.. but loved the Einstine Quote and I shared it 🙂 Thanks for always sharing Positive Engery. 

Hi Oscar,

Please, check the notification the team sent to you earlier today and follow the instructions in it to address issues with your account.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

please help me reapply the Job application that is cancelled by Upwork. My client is still active and need to send the job contract asap.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zymarl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that when a freelancer is requested to verify they are given time to complete verification. If they fail to complete the verification during that time, their account will be put on hold and active proposals are withdrawn because of the hold.

In a case like this, proposals will not be reactivated nor connect returned.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I think the same happen to my profile can you please help? 

Hi Julie,

Somebody will contact you directly and follow up about the issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork

hey!

mine case is similar to this case as my account wasn't verified till that time and I have used all my connects to these jobs and later it was written that it was withdrawn by up work. Can I get those connect back?

Hi Tanishq,

I see you have a ticket about this already. We'll follow up with you directly via that ticket. 

Thanks for reaching out.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I just found out that my account is on hold, that's why I submit I.D. and do the video call. Then after completion, I get an identification badge. I just noticed my 13 submitted proposal and 2 active proposal is in the archived, it says ''Withdrawn'' General Profile and the when I click one submitted job it says Withdrawn: Job application is cancelled by Upwork. 

What will happen with my active proposal and submitted a proposal? I lost connects, Can I get that back?.

Hi Sharmine,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I noticed that this happened with a few of my proposals as well. What is the process for rectifying the situation now that my ID verification is complete?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vijayvithal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What happens with the connects that were already used for those proposals when Upwork withdraw the proposals?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emely-Ann,

When a freelancer is requested to verify they are given time to complete verification. If they fail to complete the verification during that time, their account will be put on hold and active proposals are withdrawn because of the hold. In a case like this, proposals will not be reactivated nor connect returned.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Will the current withdrawal be cancelled? Can the previously withdrawn proposals be activated again?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rachelle,

When a proposal is withdrawn it can't become active again. However, you will be able to send a new proposal for the same job. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

After the verification, Upwork did not refund my connects. If I am a verified member then there should not be a problem refunding my connects what I have earned with a long period of time. It is a Humble request to refund my connects, which means a lot to the freelancer.

Thank you.

Hi Taufiqul,

Thank you for your message. If you are referring to Connects refund for canceled proposals, I see that your proposals were withdrawn due to a hold placed on your account as you failed to complete the verification within the given time. In this situation, the Connects will not be refunded nor proposals will be restored even after successful verification. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
didzissilis
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I just noticed that it has happened to me as well...

In my Archived Proposals, I can see 2 "Withdrawn by you" where the reason states "Job application is cancelled by Upwork".

This is most likely because I had to complete Identity Verficiation Video call request yesterday. I accepted that request within minutes of noticing it and my profile got verified almost immediately.

Although none of those proposals were critically important to me, I would expect that Upwork still returns the 4 Connects on my account - as it no longer makes sense to re-apply to those jobs (for 1 of them, client had a dead-line by 3 PM CET today; in addition, my actions may appear confusing and even unprofessional from the Clients' perspective - that I apply, then "cancel my application" and then re-apply again).

Can you, please, help with that?

Thanks!

Didzis

P.S. I fully understand and respect that Upwork may need to cancel active proposals when putting an account on hold. However, at least Upwork should warn the Freelancer making such cancellations and asking to reapply...

Hello Didzis,

Unfortunately, we can't give you your connects back. However, your connects will reset monthly. To learn more about using your connects, please click here.

Untitled

Hello Ryan,

thanks for your quick response - I appreciate that.

It does sound strange that even Upwork cannot return the Connects (or issue new "bonus" ones) that were "lost" due to their own actions...

Had I known that the Identity Verification and cancellation of several applications was imminent, I would have saved my Connects for later.

However, I understand that there is nothing you can do. Moreover - luckily in my case it was only 4 Connects (not a big deal) and the monthly reset is soon 🙂

Best,

Didzis

lana_ast
Community Member

Hello, I have two withdrawn by you job is cancelled by upwork, but I have verified account. And I m real, I ve finished three jobs. Could you help me? What should I do?

Hi Lana,

I checked and it looks like all your active proposals are still showing under your Find Work> Proposals, they haven't been withdrawn due to the profile verification request.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello !, I started to present that same problem. Accept a contract of work at night and when I get into the morning again I see that many jobs got into "Withdrawn by you: Job application is cancelled by Upwork" 

I was reading the doubts of many of the freelancers, but my account is not suspended and I think it is verified.

So, can you help me please?

Thank you.

Hi Mary,

Please, refer to the notification you see at the top of your account when you log in and a message the team sent you a few days ago. You can use this link to chat with an agent and have your profile verified. We'll reach out to you separately regarding the proposal issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork
arn_psb
Community Member

Hello! Everyone.

I don't withdraw any proposal. But I have seen some archive proposal there has reason "Withdrawn by you". But I don't understand this, how its possible?

I attach here a screenshot for seen everyone.

Thanks

Ashikur Rahman

Ashikur,

I see the proposals were withdrawn back when you were requested to complete profile verification. The bug that caused it has since been fixed. We'll reach out to you directly with more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jakefwaller
Community Member

Just found out today that this happened to me last week and I'm livid. My acocunt was put on hold for routine verification, which was a 30 second video chat I completed straight away, and yet I had 8 proposals cancelled for very promising jobs. That's scuppered potentially thousands of dollars of work with no warning, and given I wasn't even aware it had happened (and, as mentioned above, that reapplying would look unprofessional) it's wrecked my chances with those jobs. Upwork really shouldn't be doing that, there needs to be a better way. Refunding the connects (which they won't do??) wouldn't even come close to making up for it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths