🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Withdrew proposal because I couldn't edit and...
Page options
f844a5c0
Community Member

Withdrew proposal because I couldn't edit and now can't re-apply

Guys, it's a bit harsh to not be able to reapply for a gig just because I had to withdraw my original one due to Upwork not having an edit function on submitted proposals.

I searched for an answer to editing my cover letter (I had forgotton to add just one link) and came across this solution that was given from your website; https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-to-Change-Proposal-Cover-Letter-after-Submitting/m-p...
It says "You can withdraw and re-submit a proposal" - so I did that and find out no you can't. And it still charges you for the "connects".

Can some one help me out on this one, please?

6 REPLIES 6
NikolaS

Hi Paul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you used the boost feature on the proposal you withdrew. Please know that boosted and unboosted proposals that are withdrawn are removed from the client’s list so they can no longer see them. If you withdraw a boosted proposal, you can’t submit it again (with or without boosting) and you will still be charged as if you had not withdrawn. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
f844a5c0
Community Member

Ok - this is my first time on here, so can you help me resubmit it, please.
Seems like a very strange rule considering the reason I needed to do this.

No warning is given when withdrawing and you still take credit from me, hardly a great experience so far. Especially as the advice that I got that has caused this issue was taken from your very site and now I'm essentially getting told, "well that's too bad".

In reply to the automated email I got sent: I DO NOT "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

The Community post you referred to was from between 2016 and 2020. The ressources from the official website  always gives the latest details.

Thanks for the reply. Regardless of its date, the information is what comes up first when seeking help with this. Also, there is no warning or mention prior that this is what happens. And on top of all of that, this rule makes no sense. 

Hi Paul,

Did you refer to a comment posted in 2017? I apologize for the confusion but there have been several updates since then. I'll have someone reach out to you for assistance but I would have to reiterate that a proposal can't be resubmitted.

You may want to go to this link instead when looking for help articles moving forward.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members